Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where would we be without Strelets?

I, for one, am extremely grateful!! Bravo Strelets!!

Regards,
Andrew

I fully agree with James...

Where would we be in our hobby without the work of Strelets in recent years?

All these interesting discussions about uniforms, equipment and historical backgrounds that we had, have enormously stimulated our common hobby and brought it to life. So it wasn't just the great figures that Strelets "gave" us, but also these side accompaniments that brought back a breath of fresh air into our hobby. :wind_blowing_face: :dash: :+1:

Indeed, my well wishing sentiments are passed along as well. :hugging_face:

Well said, James. Let us hope that 2022 turns out to be a (relatively) calm and peaceful year...allowing us all to get on with our lives and enjoy our hobbies.

I am thankful to Strelets for all they have done to lead the hobby in recent years, certainly in terms of new and interesting sets.

I feel ya James. These withdrawals are very real! But I couldn’t agree more with your post. Strelets has put this hobby on their back and has continued to produce better and better quality of sets. I would also like to give a quick shoutout to Redbox and Linear A for their contributions as well. They too have continued to provide a slower but still steady stream of new sets into the market.

Agreed. I'm just slightly worried if everything is well with our hosts (well, at least as well as things can be), as there hasn't been any communication since January 22nd, which is a bit unusual.

Yes, well said James! My appreciation to the Strelets Team is two-fold; not only have they given us some of the finest 1/72 toy soldiers to choose from which will be around for generations, but they also host one of the finest Forums on the internet. The members are passionate and eloquent. In this new normal there is no local newspaper in paper print worth paying for, for my tastes, but Strelets gives us this excellent place to come to, to just read and enjoy. Emphasis, what a "Joy!" Thank you, Strelets Team and Forum Members!

Well James, the simple answer to your question is that without Strelets, I guess it would be fair to say there would be no regular "mainstream" plastic soldier makers in 1/72 left.
All the others such as Airfix, Revell, Zvezda, HaT and Italeri either no longer concentrate on figures or are just creeping along by their restocks/reissues. Zvezda obviously still make art of tactic sets, but they are not quite the same thing.
We have the other companys like Linear, Redbox, Mars etc who release sets with a bit less regularity and with not such a variety for various era's, and of course the quality also varies from the wonderful to the outright ugly among some of these other companys.

As for the silence coming from Strelets, hopefully it is nothing too serious, maybe they just needed a good long break! Maybe some machinery needed servicing/repairing?
But of a more serious nature, there is obviously the ongoing geopolitical issues in that region & then of course Covid is still very much around.

Whatever the reason for this quiet spell, the staff of Strelets & their families have our very best wishes to their safety, health and wellbeing.

Well, COVID certainly can take people out of action for some time - or worse, and a political crisis is surely something that can affect more sensitive natures - as sculptors and painters certainly often are - and deal a blow to their creativity. Which would be quite understandable. But if everybody just stopped working in the face of a looming crisis, everything would have come to a halt a long time ago. Then again, maybe that would be a means too stop a crisis before it gets worse ... What has me slightly concerned is that - given the easy way to access this forum - we haven't heard from our hosts for quite some time now. So, yeah, let's hope they're on a well deserved holiday somewhere whithout internet connection.

Dear James,

we are steadily navigating through all the storms in tea cup.

As to your post scriptum, you surely know, that it's not in mass media that one should search for the truth.

Best regards,

Strelets

Best wishes Strelets and may all your storms be in teacups.

I'm still OK for two-three months painting before I need a top up of your lovely figurescouple of mo

Two posts in a day, that's great Strelets.

Thank you for the direct reply.

Kind regards, James

p.s. Nah, I actually read books with some historical content...

In the pub or at alcoholics anonymous

Strelets adds so much to my day to day quality of life, and while my armies grow bigger and bigger, the joy of observing the manufacturing progress, ordering, unpacking, desprueing and setting up the figures does not get any less. And there are so many other aspects to out hobby.

2 thumbs up for Strelets. THANK YOU!!!

I would be financially much better off, but I wouldn't have my beloved Crimean and Boer War armies!