Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Goumiers contribution

Outstanding painting. A real pleasure to look at time and again. The green bases takes me back to a fun time of walking into a hobby shop and seeing many Britains toy soldiers in display boxes. A classy look. I could use my imagination and see them fighting in an Oasis landscape in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. With tan or brown bases look out enemies of North Africa. A fine set conceived by the Strelets Team and really brought to life by Alan Buckingham's fine painting skills. Thanks to all involved! :palm_tree: :earth_africa:

Top stuff Alan. The yellow-lines on the cloaks are a real highlight (compliment and pun intended)!

A marvellous effect overall.

Regards, James

Alan, you've done it again! Great job!

What`s wrong with Green ??????? .....I have no idea why I painted them green, every thing else is nice and deserty promise, and I probably will revisit those bases,even if just to texture them.But thanks gent`s, yes more on the way,some already with Strelets and some I have yet to photograph,but all the WW2 sets are done.

Alan Buckingham
What`s wrong with Green ??????? .....I have no idea why I painted them green, every thing else is nice and deserty promise, and I probably will revisit those bases,even if just to texture them.But thanks gent`s, yes more on the way,some already with Strelets and some I have yet to photograph,but all the WW2 sets are done.
There's green...and there's green. In fact, the human eye can detect c.30,000 shades of green apparently.

It's just that the green you have chosen, Alan, looks...well, Britains Toy Soldier green!

Looking forward to more WW2 Contributions with textured sandy bases.:relaxed: :+1:

There was a time, in my youth, when I painted all my soldiers with a green base regardless of theatre - perhaps because of brainwashing by Britains figures.

Seeing these men painted up so nicely has promoted them to my next order list now. Chapeau!

Well Alan...your green is perfect to me and I think that makes a very good contrast with the brown/yellow uniforms of your soldiers
The gun metal is very nice too....853 Vallejo??? I can't believe it
All in all a very nice piece of work man....congrats!!!

Thank you Erik, the gun metal is Wargames foundry blackened metal.

Thanks Alan I am going to buy it! Seems very nice to me
I am not glad with my Vallejo's metals

Erik, they do three , a base colour , a highlight and shade, this was the base colour.

Re: Goumiers contribution...and Wargames Foundry paints

Alan Buckingham
Thank you Erik, the gun metal is Wargames foundry blackened metal.
This is worth knowing, Alan. I too noticed the very realistic looking metal of the rifle barrels in this contribution of yours.

I'll look up Wargames Foundry paints and give them a try.

Re: Goumiers contribution...and Wargames Foundry paints

I wasn't very keen on this set but I was wrong you have absolutely infused them with life.

One of my favorite things about studying the '43-'45 Italian theatre of war was how many cultures were present on both sides, these men included.

Is it just me or was anyone else thinking of saying something like "that is a real gourmet of Gourmiers there?" :grin:

Thanks for the submission Mr. Buckingham. :sunglasses:

I don't know, I don't visit the site for a couple of days and everything changes. Please accept my congratulations for your latest contribution Alan. All to your usual high standard and as for green, well perhaps the word Envy.....

Bravo Alan !! Good paint job , I like so much.