Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Set 288 Russian Jaegers in Summer Dress

I agree with both PSR & your own opinions on this set. It is very good indeed!! Only way I could see it of being improved was maybe another pose moving/running forward & a casualty pose! Otherwise all good.

And like you the only real issue I had was the muskets not being quite as good as they could be, but that has been a reasonably common issue with all the recent Napoleonic sets. They are "fair" rather than very good.
I would also of liked to have had bayonets fixed so as to have the option of having them or not. But in this instance it wasn't a deal breaker.
Fixed bayonets however is a must for the British light infantry (such as the 52nd regt) & also perhaps for the French Voltigeurs you mention. Less so for the British riflemen & Prussian jager but again, fix them then we have the option.
The sculptor should also remember that the British riflemen had sword bayonets, not the usual infantry types. Perhaps a pose with a riflemen actually using his sword bayonet in anger would be something a little different.

Agree with most of the abovementioned contributors observations. I have just finished painting up this set and I for one am not disappointed about the muskets. I have a clear barrel, brass fittings and even a visible firing lock. I don't miss the bayonets on these figures. Obviously their use could be much broader if they had had bayonets fitted(i.e. as musketeers) and frankly I hope that the wintercoats are all fitted with bayonets, but for their intended purpose, I find them in line with PSR a great set. I too hope for similar quality sets for British and King's German rifles and Austrian and Prussian jaeger. Top marks from me for Strelets(whatever that might be worth).

I read the PSR review with great interest.I want these figures.

I'm intending to buy boxes with the aim of using them in line formation as many of them mostly fought, rather than just in skirmish poses.

There *are* suitable poses for more regular formations in the set. I could hope for a further set with the figures in a march-attack pose?

donald

Re: Set 288 Russian Jaegers in Summer Dress...and future March Attack box

Paintdog
I read the PSR review with great interest.I want these figures.

I'm intending to buy boxes with the aim of using them in line formation as many of them mostly fought, rather than just in skirmish poses.

There *are* suitable poses for more regular formations in the set. I could hope for a further set with the figures in a march-attack pose?

donald
I agree donald.

Russian Jaeger (or Musketeers, or Grenadiers for that matter) in march attack would be ideal, and I would buy lots of boxes.

Just remember...fix bayonets!!