Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
Usually in January we get to hear of the expected new years releases in 1/72 and of particular interest to us all things 1/72 toy soldier related, so far to my knowledge nothing , although Airfix and Italeri have both shown they`re hand, does anyone know of anything that may get us excited ?
January has in fact been very quiet. While news from other manufacturers can be exciting it doesn’t compare to even a single friday teaser by Strelets. I can’t remember the last time I bought a set from another manufacturer. That being said I hope that they are making good progress on their futures works, and that their production hasn’t been delayed for any reason. I’m dying to hear some new news!
A quick scan of the 'Miniatures News' section of the Bennos Forum reveals, amongst other things:
- Some very nice Linear A Ancient Hoplites, with more ancient sets to come from this interesting manufacturer no doubt
- Re-releases of quite a lot of the Zvezda 8000 series sets (always welcome) + a couple of USA WW2 additions to their mini-set series
- The revival of Caesar (Miniknight) with three new Ancient Chinese sets, hopefully other various sets to come during 2022 but we will see
- A bit of uncertainty on new Redbox releases but a lot of goodwill (backed by some enthusiastic buyers) in hopes that they will be bringing new things to production this year
And, of course....
- Up to 12 new War of Spanish Succession sets from Strelets (we heard it here not so long ago).:grin:
It is also reasonable to expect that Mars will bring some new things to market in 2022.
Given that we have not yet reached the end of the first month of the year, I don't think that is too bad.
Waterloo 1815 just released their 2nd Custer set in 1/32 scale so I'm hoping later this year we'll eventually see a 1/72 scale set containing the poses from both 1/32 scale sets
Gent`s I rest my case, nothing there floating my boat what so ever , although the Waterloo set in 1/72 should it appear may well do exactly that.
I have this silly image of a box of Caesar's new Three Kingdom Shu Warriors slowly wandering their way from Taiwan all the way to Scotland for the PSR guys to review. Maybe my imagination is too active, but they must be having quite the adventure!