Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arditi

Strelets is quite literally carrying this hobby on its back.

Why, WHY? Why the did that! :tired_face: :rage:

Just seen the review myself. Looks like all of the new release sets by "them" are of poor quality.
Well we have seen evidence of the increasing fall in standards over a while now so it doesn't surprise me in the least.
Even long existing sets have had issues like swords coming out too short etc.
Simple fact is.....they don't care. As has been mentioned before, they are not enthusiasts of the hobby. It's a sideline for them.....a very small one at that.

Don't know why they even bother saying they want to make new sets if they don't want to put the effort in. Better to just be honest & say they are not interested, rather than churning out half baked efforts like these.
They may as well just make sure the back catalogue of sets are made a bit more regularly.
Don't think they can be trusted to make new sets of a decent calibre anymore.

Think it's why I get very despondant when Strelets makes a new set I really want, only to have silly avoidable mistakes with it. It's a case of we only get one shot at a set we want now, as it's very unlikely it will be made by anyone else. So once it's messed up, thats it, opportunity gone.

Mistakes are made, it depends on how critical you choose to be, comparing apples with apples , Italians strelets new sets, light machine gunner number two on the wrong side of the gun, the figures with Beretta sup machine guns have rifle ammo pouches, some of the rifle ammo pouches are wrong (hair splitting but correct), these errors became Strelets errors I suspect because they are Ospreys errors and the sculptor used Osprey as main reference material. To err is human and the above have not stopped me buying and painting them, and they sit well with other brands ,so for me all good. My mind set with Hat is that they have gone, my expectations are low and if you are expecting the quality of the past you are likely to be disappointed, so manage your expectations.

For myself the quality/looks of the figures is the most important errors in the weapons pouches not so much. However spears that look like telegraph poles weapons that are far to short/small or long/big and the lack of bayonets or bayonets that look like a swiss army knife are not welcome. The problem we may have with Strelets (thankfully not seen and I hope never will be) is if they lower their standards. They are really the only company that we have. Strelets figures in quality and quantity are/have been on an upper curve for years now and I hope they will continue. They have set a high level to match or beat and I am saddened that other companys fail to come anywhere near their standards. Only having one supplier for our hobby is not good. But better than none.

Steady on lads. Stiff upper lip and all that! We still have Linear-A, Orion, Dark Alliance, RedBox, Zvezda, Ultima Ratio, Mars and Caesar making new figures

Dear 'Baratheon',

Plenty of upside, as you note. (Not to mention Hat's back-catalogue, along with the odd new set...).

You may well know this already, but if not I'm sure you'll be interested to hear that the Roman artillery are next 'cab off the rank' for linear-A's production! The images of masters posted so far on the new forum look beaut too.

Regards, James

Depends on the era someone is interested in though Baratheon.
None of those are regular Napoleonic set manufacturers for example, some have never even made such a set.
Zvezda hasn't made a serious new Napoleonic set in a while. Little game piece sets I wouldn't count.

I put it like this when it comes to mistakes in sets, whether that be accuracy, mould or the sculpt itself.....
Some are easy to ignore, some not so much. Some are easy to rectify, some require extra cost and intricate work to get the best from. Some are just plain silly decisions made by the designers. Yes, you are only as good as the source material you work from. Perhaps then the lesson is to make sure you don't just trust 1 source, but work from a selection of different sources.

When you have only got 1 real quality thoroughbred horse in the race, I just want to see it get over the fences cleanly!!

You have at least two Nappy horses in the race to be fair Roger - coming soon for you:

Yes, very much looking forward to all three Roman Arty sets James.

Nice figure, as is the Highlander shown alongside too (much closer to the older Napoleonic highlander sets in style than the new ones, could easily just blend in to the highlanders in attack set).

That is a very nice figure, but it's a good thing he's wearing leather gauntlets.

Nice figure Lord Baratheon. Where does it come from? Who is the manufacturer?

Thomas, that figure is from an upcoming Napoleonic set (#027) from Linear-A which consists of French Dragoons, Carabiniers and Lancers.

Poses, sculpting, historical accuracy of the masters looked good but the product certainly not. Commenting further on it I would feel like kicking someone already lying on the ground.

It is obvious H. is no longer the company it used to be, and for the reasons well described here. The "new" sets stem from masters designed a decade ago. I can't see many more to follow, a) because the pipeline bought from the original company must be nearly released by now (two WW2 sets British and U. S., and some AWI / 7YW sets might still be in the unreleased masters library) and b) because the last releases certainly will not yield great sales owing to the poor quality control.

It clearly demonstrates that producing good 1/72 plastics is no minor achievement, so more power to those still providing us with new and re-released sets. :+1: Regards, Pa