Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'Napoleonic Assortment' contribution

Hello James,

these backgrounds are from the famous "Dresden" cycle by Benardo Bellotto - better known as Canaletto. I used images from a calendar I bought a few years ago and kept the pages when I recycled the rest of the calendar.

The artist is famous for his baroque cityscapes and especially those of Venice and Dresden. You will get a lot of great pictures on Google if you type in his name.

The Prussian cavalrymen belong to the era of the campaign in Germany of the years 1813-1814 and therefore the Dresden city motifs fit very well of course and the units might actually have marched up the banks of the river Elbe like this once.

I always combine several layers for my photos with which I present my figure montages: Real buildings or structures in the foreground or background to my bases on which I mount the figures (they are not wargamer bases, because I am exclusively a painter and collector of the Napoleonic era - and therefore never use the figures in a game!), together with single trees with which I conceal the side edges of the backgrounds (paintings or matching photos), so that a three-dimensional impression is created.

I am pleased that you like this arrangement.

Best regards

Norbert

Thank you very much for replying Norbert and in such detail.

The ‘Dresden cycle’ is one of the many things that I have learned so far during this day above ground! 😁

Kind regards James

May I add my congratulations to the latest contribution and offer the same to James and Borodino ( if not late regards ) a!so.
The passing of the old and the start of the new has got off to a cracking start. The bar has been set very high and now with the especially fine backdrop complimenting the painted figures, phew !
I wonder if it's not too late to take up a different hobby....

Wonderful stuff with imagination and flair on display.

The lances look lovely and it is nice to see those sappers in action .

Best wishes,

Chris

Great work Norbert