Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: F&IW and SYW

Andrew Hughes
Awesome looking game and great looking armies, Donald.

How did you come by the Pandours?

Regards,
Andrew
They're my only resin figures- weapons are metal.

They're from a company called Germania.
https://germania-figuren.eu/1-72-Figures-from-Resin/1-72-Germania-Figures/?language=en

I was a bit wary about how robust resin would be but no problems.

cheers, donald

Re: F&IW and SYW

Hi Donald,

Could you tell us by which rules you are playing and how you organize your armies (i.e the ratio of minis to real troop strength like one miniature representing twenty or thirty men)?

Rules & Ratios

Flambeau
Hi Donald,

Could you tell us by which rules you are playing and how you organize your armies (i.e the ratio of minis to real troop strength like one miniature representing twenty or thirty men)?
Rules: A modified SHAKO set (we call it TRICORNE). A little "dirty" but fast & still has an historical feel.
These have just replaced rules we wrote ourselves (called A GLORIOUS WAR) that over the years, grew bloated & slow as we tried to cover everything.

Figure ratio: about 1:30. I don't think this is a vital thing BTW. A French infantry battalion will have 20 figures, a Prussian 24. A cavalry squadron has 3 figures. A gun model equals a battery of 5-6 real guns.

donald

Re: Rules & Ratios

Thanks!

Paintdog
Flambeau
Hi Donald,

Rules: A modified SHAKO set (we call it TRICORNE). A little "dirty" but fast & still has an historical feel.
These have just replaced rules we wrote ourselves (called A GLORIOUS WAR) that over the years, grew bloated & slow as we tried to cover everything.

Figure ratio: about 1:30. I don't think this is a vital thing BTW. A French infantry battalion will have 20 figures, a Prussian 24. A cavalry squadron has 3 figures. A gun model equals a battery of 5-6 real guns.

donald
Interesting, 'bloated and slow'...wasn't that what did for the Austrian and Prussian armies (to name just two) which had their showdown with the armies of French Revolutionary France?

Minuteman
'bloated and slow'.

The name of a not very popular restaurant?

donald