Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2022 and all that...

Duncan H
Big potential for early WW2 Allied sets as apart from the Poles the other armies are hardly touched and who knows how many years will we still wait for that other company`s BEF set.
How about some sets for the Norwegian campaign including British in winter clothing and Norwegians.
More WW2 sets for the Asia-Pacific theatre especially Chinese KMT and Reds, British 14th Army and USMC Heavy Weapons.

A further expansion of WW1 range : the Gallipoli sets, the Heavy Artillery sets -perhaps we will finally see the Austrian Skoda Howitzers and the St Chamond in 2022 ? as well as some new Austrian Infantry and Cavalry sets.
Other sets that would be nice :
Kings African Rifles
British Infantry for Battle of the Somme.
Bulgarian Infantry
Serbian Infantry and Artillery for 1914/15
French Infantry Heavy Weapons 1916-18

I will not hold my breathe waiting for that other company producing their long awaited BEF set!:sob:

Never understood why early British WW2 have been ignored. Certainly agree about the BEF with trenchcoats as they have more potential. Caesar minatures promised a Dutch set - would be great to see them (but will willingly do without their annual Christmas 'present' of 4 third reich subjects!).

As for the Middle East/North Africa we have Italian and DAK but still need the Vichy French to complete the anti allied forces.

The Far East still has so many oppunities 14th army and ANZAC forces come to mind. Still like the Aussie Matchbox (with its mule and handler) set but at 20mm they do need replacing.

I look forward to Strelet producing more sets that no one has thought of!

Alan Buckingham
I just took a look at the future releases on PSR and there is nothing on my wants list, Mars have the WW2 British infantry coming , but that`s it. So I hope there are some surprises announced in the coming weeks or I will be spending 2022 making inroads to my stash.
Do not be down-hearted Alan. I'm pretty sure that at the start of 2021, twleve months ago, we were blissfully unaware of some of the fine figures and sets that Strelets have been putting our way this year. I'm sure that, all being well, there will be similar in 2022.

First in line will, of course, be those other WoSS cavalry sets, including the two Maison du Roi sets.

Happy New Year:grinning:

My best wishes for all of us and 2022

WW1
the Gallipoli sets

WSS
Austrian Infantry Firing/attacking(loading
Dutch Infantry
Bavarian Mounted Grenadiers
Hungarian Hussars
Prussian Infantry

Napoleonic
Austrian Hussars Attacking
Russian Dragoons Attacking
Prussian Uhlans Attacking
Prussian Artillery

Medieval
Byzantines 11th century

Colonial
Boers cavalry camp figures

Russian Civil War
Tatschanka

and many, many civilians sets for WSS, Napoleonic, WW1

I had no intention of starting wish lists, but when in Rome, Generic artillery crews Allied and Axis ,all theatre's WW2 , but emphasis on Western Desert 41-43 , no shortage of German 105mm guns , but no crews for the desert, the same for 25 pounders. Gurkha's Mediterranean theatre, and this has me thinking about figures interacting ,for example in our old Airfix Robin hood set we have a pose with a staff held both hand above head, presumably fending off a blow, but in that set or the Sheriff of Nottingham set , only the guy swinging the axe could be an opponent, one sided and a predictable outcome , but my point , if we have a Gurkha striking with Kukri, surly with should have an axis soldier trying to fend off the blow, ditto thrusting bayonets etc. D-Day British/Canadians ignored, but three dedicated sets of GI`s, some levelling up needed on D-Day.

Alan Buckingham
I had no intention of starting wish lists, but when in Rome, Generic artillery crews Allied and Axis ,all theatre's WW2 , but emphasis on Western Desert 41-43 , no shortage of German 105mm guns , but no crews for the desert, the same for 25 pounders. Gurkha's Mediterranean theatre, and this has me thinking about figures interacting ,for example in our old Airfix Robin hood set we have a pose with a staff held both hand above head, presumably fending off a blow, but in that set or the Sheriff of Nottingham set , only the guy swinging the axe could be an opponent, one sided and a predictable outcome , but my point , if we have a Gurkha striking with Kukri, surly with should have an axis soldier trying to fend off the blow, ditto thrusting bayonets etc. D-Day British/Canadians ignored, but three dedicated sets of GI`s, some levelling up needed on D-Day.
Or in other words....

1: Artillery crews for all combatants in the Western Desert/Mediterranean theatre, WW2.

2: Gurkhas 'in attack' (Mediterranean theatre)

3: British/Commonwealth forces for north-west Europe, 1944-45.

Not sure about the middle one of these, but I'll happily go along with Alan's musings on 1 and 3.

Happy New Year!

While we are dreaming;

Waterloo/late napoleonic

French dragoons/chasseurs in Habite veste
British Hussars advancing
Netherlands Carabineers
Brunswick artillery and line/light infantry
Prussian cavalry advancing
Prussian horse artillery and artillery train
A partridge in a pear tree

What I don’t want;

Short fat horses with no ears
Infantry flags in cavalry units
Missing bayonets
Fatigue caps
Highlanders of any pose
Marmite and sprouts sandwiches

Marmite and sprout sandwiches, love Marmite and don`t mind sprouts in moderation, my wife puts Marmite on our roast spuds, delicious, but I have to say your sandwich suggestion is a form of torture I had never imagined. :joy:

Marmite yes.....sprouts......yuk!

Marmite on roast potatoes sounds like something I need to try!!