Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Happy New Year to you

Dear friends,

it was our pleasure to have you onboard in 2021.
Now we meet New Year 2022 at full charge.

Have a nice one, gentlemen!

Yours faithfully,

Strelets

Re: Happy New Year to you

Happy new year to you all, enjoy the evening. Fingers crossed for 2022.

A wonderful new picture and of the WSS Gendarmes de la Garde no less at last! There's a ray of hope for the New Year! Thank you very much Strelets and have a happy, peaceful and healthy 2022! Now just make sure they don't put any Redbox Minis in that Strelets box :wink: :smirk: :relaxed:

Ah, Strelets, this looks like the picture for the box of the Gardes du Corps. Long awaited and most welcome! An excellent piece of artistry and a set that I will be buying lots of. I look forward to it being released in 2022.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all at Strelets and my fellow forumners. And above all stay safe.

A prosperous and inspirational 2022 to Strelets and everyone attending this forum.

Très bonne année à vous tous, avec plein de nouveautés Strelets pour nos pinceaux.

Borodino

Bliadhna Mhath Ùr

donald

Brilliant picture to start off what I hope will be a much happier New Year

Will

Hppy New Year all.

May I add my greetings and a very Happy and secure New Year and thank you Strelets for hosting this forum and giving us many wonderful figures.
A Golden Age....

ΕΥΤΥΧΙΣΜΕΝΟΣ Ο ΚΑΙΝΟΥΡΙΟΣ ΧΡΟΝΟΣ!!!:four_leaf_clover:

Happy new year!

Heres hoping its a successful & healthy one for everybody.

Je vous souhaite à tous une excellente année 2022. De la santé d'abord, (c'est le coeur de mon métier), mais aussi une année de paix et de sérénité.

Cordialement à tous.

Hervé

Happy New Year to one and all.

Best regards,
Andrew

Andrew Hughes
Happy New Year to one and all.

Best regards,
Andrew
Hi
A very Happy and Healthy New Year to Strelets and all!
I'm working through my WW2 releases so a few thoughts.
Italian Desert Patrol is 10 out of 10 - beautifully sculpted with the map reading pair that could be used in other sets though I'm not generally a fan of basing 2 or more figures together.
Italian infantry in Defence, another very good set, 8 out of 10. Well why don't they have mortars and anti-tank guns? Perhaps we'll see an Italian mortar set - one for the wish list together with Colonials.
The Obice DA 75 Howitzer is the big disappointment, the crew figures are excellent but the gun has no shield! Looking at online images most of them have shields fitted so inexplicable to me. I'll probably get a few more anyway.
Australians in Attack? Well, maybe it's me but a few poses look awkward. Attacking infantry would surely be wearing steel helmets rather than slouch hats. I would have thought the officer would have a sub machine gun or rifle rather than the near useless service revolver.
The Heavy weapons set is overall very good. My first impressions of the AA Bren gunner was that's wearing a greatcoat! A closer look reveals that he's bare chested with shorts so poor detail, sadly a weak figure. Why no anti-tank rifles? One instead of 2 mortars would have been most welcome!
As for the PzB41 a/t gun it's a very nice little effort but why do 2 guns have no shields - shields seem to be a weak point for the designers! A quick look online shows that some have no wheels most if not all have shields fitted. Again the crew are excellent but why somebody throwing a grenade? The extra plastic could have been used for shields or accessories. I find liquid superglue makes for a better, stronger bond on the gun kits, though instructions are a welcome feature on the boxes.
As for wishlist I agree with the WW1 and 2 suggestions. My personal preference is for late war British Tommies with Heavy Weapons sets.
I haven't seen Mars British Infantry yet. I have some of their sets but overall I don't care for the Mars style and format - I'd much rather Strelets get round to them!
How about another PzB41 set with Russian Front crew and shields for all guns?
As for DAK how about a German machine gun teams set - this would be most welcome! I'm sure well all have a few surprises to look forward to........
Well I've much to do so once again stay safe and Carry on Collecting folks! I will budget and pensions permitting! All the very best from
Richard and Cecilly (the cat responsible for a ruined keyboard and producing gibberish by means of strange keyboard press combinations, as opposed to my usual gibberish) We have 5 cats and a dog adding to hazards of collecting, painting and modelling.

Happy new year to everyone. I'm sure Jerzy would agree with me that 2022 needs to be the year when Byzantium rises once again in the East.

Happy New New Year to Everyone! - GC

Happy New Year to the many veteran readers and especially, of course, to the hard-working Strelets crew. :four_leaf_clover:
Here‘s to a better 2022!

Once again, many thanks for your fruitful work and the pleasure you bring to the majority of your customers. :relaxed: :+1:

Bravissimo! Happy New Year to you guys too. :sunglasses:

Happy New Year everyone.

Lang may Yer lum reek!

And I hope You all get the sets that you dream about this year.