Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Colonial New Zealand Wars?

Great idea, and as a Kiwi I’m all for it.Crimean figures can work in a very limited way - indeed American Civil War figures can too - again, depending on the phase of the land wars that you are talking about (also bearing in mind that a number of the wars - and they were various, they were fought in fairly dense bush meaning that British/Colonial troops had to adopt uniforms and tactics to the conditions). The wars themselves also extended for nearly 35 years. So lit/uniforms changed dramatically.

Having said that my personal passion is the Great War, and I will reiterate my repeated pleas for the Gallipoli/additional Turkish troops promised so long ago.

Happy New Year to all from a blisteringly hot (34c) and humid corner of Puhoi - about an hour north of Auckland.

Re: Colonial New Zealand Wars?

Oh yea, some Maori would be cool! A few more sets devoted to pre-1900 non-European cultures in general would be nice, I personally think something to go with the old Caesar and Revell sets of Aztecs would be good too (Aztec priests/civilians, Tlaxcala warriors, etc.).