Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Get off ma land!

"Ger-off moi land" often herd during my childhood , sometimes closely followed by a farmer waving a stick....happy days, anyway great mini diorama anything Anglo-Saxon gets a thumbs up from me.

Alan Buckingham
"Ger-off moi land" often herd during my childhood , sometimes closely followed by a farmer waving a stick....happy days, anyway great mini diorama anything Anglo-Saxon gets a thumbs up from me.
Yep, growing up in rural Hampshire (southern England) that sounds quite familiar Alan!

And as for approving of anything Anglo-Saxon...well, I'm with you too. It may not be Latin, but it sounds 'roight' if you get my drift....!!

I have often said it myself in received pronunciation when I had a mere acre of Devon and caravan tourists came on it with their dogs. I can do a Debbon aahcsent tho' if need be. Yew gro'ulls gerrof moi lahhnd!
The said acre was opposite and across the estuary from the CTC (Commandos) Lympstone and some nights there were furtive figures on my land pretending to hide.
I would say quietly not shout "I know you are there but this is my patch but I think you would fool most so I will retire".

David O'Brien
I have often said it myself in received pronunciation when I had a mere acre of Devon and caravan tourists came on it with their dogs. I can do a Debbon aahcsent tho' if need be. Yew gro'ulls gerrof moi lahhnd!
The said acre was opposite and across the estuary from the CTC (Commandos) Lympstone and some nights there were furtive figures on my land pretending to hide.
I would say quietly not shout "I know you are there but this is my patch but I think you would fool most so I will retire".
I have spent many a happy hour fishing the "Execater" canal (ship) that must be very close to that patch of Devon.