Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future "In Square" sets

You know there's a nice Duke of Brunswick in the excellent Waterloo 1815 Napoleonic Mounted Line Officers set, do you?

Aldog & Flambeau.
I think what Murat meant was a Duke of Brunswick pose more in keeping with leading the cavalry, rather than a generic pose. At least I guess that to be the case, if sticking him in a set of cavalry. Not sure off top of my head, but wasn't the Duke fatally wounded when he was leading his cavalry?

But you guys are both right in saying Waterloo1815 have a nice Duke of Brunswick figure, as they also do for the Prince of Orange & Picton. I actually think they missed a trick not including other members of general staff in that set. A dedicated seperate set of line officers would of been better to focus exclusively on those, so people didnt get another Duke, Prince or Picton everytime they wanted normal officers.
Instead we could have had Sir Roland Hill, Rebeque, D'Erlon, Reille, Chasse, Bylandt, Somerset, Ponsonby, Kellerman, Milhaud etc etc.

Focusing on the 18th of June, I haven't needed a Duke of Brunswick as he was already dead, but it would still be nice having him leading his cavalry for those who want to do Quatre Bras.
I though am in need of a more typical member of the Brunswick general staff, preferably mounted, so Colonel Olfermann can assume command!!

To be honest though, having a pose of a "personality" out there already is irrelevant, when you consider Strelets put another Napoleon in their recent Chasseurs set. I dread to think how many of him I have hiding in my collection!!!

Right. And also Strelets made some nice Napoleonic General staff sets in the past, French, British/Austrian and Russian/Prussian, though the combined sets had only dismounted figures. I'd really like to see these as mounted sets as they did them for ACW.

I also would like symmetry in the poses as it makes making firing lines easier when we are ordering boxes, I would also like a second flag bearer for British sets as they always had the two flags (Great to see the Russian jager with a bare pole as their is no way I could ever paint the flag well).

I am sure for those of us that always mess up trying make flag bearers from other figures it would be a great improvement especially for countries that carried two flags into battle. I know another company makes a command box but I would love a command box by the strelets sculptor so that it matches the figures he has sculpted.

We are always wanting more on this forum but it is only because we want to create the most accurate formations and by asking for more we are helping to create that "perfect" set. which should lead to better sales for Strelets.

bfn
Allan

Spot on Allan!!