Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future "In Square" sets

Hello Brian, thankfully HaT are still alive. They are presently shipping their three 1/72nd WWI Italian sets. And, some 1/32nd sets.
I agree with you that the Netherlands Carabineers are long overdue.I wonder if Strelets will be keen to make artillery trains. If they are, it would be great to see them in other eras and theatres. Including WSS, and I would dearly love to have the WWI Royal Horse Artillery with horses and limbers, with 13 pounders for the Palestine theatre.

I would rarther strelets would complete the nappy Sets that are listed on the PSR website then I would be able to complete some more of armies that have been in limbo for far too long:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

Those sets are I assume already "planned" by Strelets hence them mentioning them.

The whole point of this thread I started was to find out if a set of British Line in "square" and a set of Brunswick Line Infantry in "square" was also planned. I never said they had to take priority over anything else in particular.
Strelets has structured their new Napoleonics on various types of drill, so it's an ongoing project by them I imagine.
Hasn't stopped sets not related to that being released at the same time has it?

If Strelets do plan more "in square" sets, my other point was to make sure a set of British in square was more evenly balanced between kneeling & standing poses, compared to what the highlanders in square set was like.
Same for a Brunswick Line Infantry set, unless Strelets decide to go down the all standing route for these, as some sources claim they did when in square.

As to the Brunswickers, whether in or out of square I'd be happy to see some Line and Light infantry here, preferably in action (shooting/loading). All that has been made so far, both by HaT and Strelets is the Leib-Battalion + some (too few) spare heads by HaT, but none of the regular infantry, but please, please NOT "at ease" or "at arms" ... yawn ...

I agree Flambeau.

The Light/Line battalions (3 of each were present), need some attention now, & as you say, preferably in a more active role.

Roger has my full support in his request for Brunswickers and in Square. I'd like to add my two Pennyworth, and request some Brunswick cavalry that includes the Duke of Brunswick - and some civilians. . . Please.

Before any says that they don't want four Dukes of Brunswicks in each box, I would like to suggest a bonus figure on the lines that Caesar Miniatures used to do.

Waterloo 1815 already produced the Duke in their " Napoleonic Mounted Line Officers " set .

Thanks Murat, very much appreciated.

I also like your idea of including the Duke of Brunswick himself within a cavalry set. Maybe himself & the general staff officer who took over upon his death?

There is also the Brunswick Avant Garde. There is the Jager set out there (which I find a bit tall & lanky!), but nothing for the black uniformed, Dolman wearing light companys of the Avant Garde. Same type of hat though (don't know its name).

You know there's a nice Duke of Brunswick in the excellent Waterloo 1815 Napoleonic Mounted Line Officers set, do you?

Aldog & Flambeau.
I think what Murat meant was a Duke of Brunswick pose more in keeping with leading the cavalry, rather than a generic pose. At least I guess that to be the case, if sticking him in a set of cavalry. Not sure off top of my head, but wasn't the Duke fatally wounded when he was leading his cavalry?

But you guys are both right in saying Waterloo1815 have a nice Duke of Brunswick figure, as they also do for the Prince of Orange & Picton. I actually think they missed a trick not including other members of general staff in that set. A dedicated seperate set of line officers would of been better to focus exclusively on those, so people didnt get another Duke, Prince or Picton everytime they wanted normal officers.
Instead we could have had Sir Roland Hill, Rebeque, D'Erlon, Reille, Chasse, Bylandt, Somerset, Ponsonby, Kellerman, Milhaud etc etc.

Focusing on the 18th of June, I haven't needed a Duke of Brunswick as he was already dead, but it would still be nice having him leading his cavalry for those who want to do Quatre Bras.
I though am in need of a more typical member of the Brunswick general staff, preferably mounted, so Colonel Olfermann can assume command!!

To be honest though, having a pose of a "personality" out there already is irrelevant, when you consider Strelets put another Napoleon in their recent Chasseurs set. I dread to think how many of him I have hiding in my collection!!!

Right. And also Strelets made some nice Napoleonic General staff sets in the past, French, British/Austrian and Russian/Prussian, though the combined sets had only dismounted figures. I'd really like to see these as mounted sets as they did them for ACW.

I also would like symmetry in the poses as it makes making firing lines easier when we are ordering boxes, I would also like a second flag bearer for British sets as they always had the two flags (Great to see the Russian jager with a bare pole as their is no way I could ever paint the flag well).

I am sure for those of us that always mess up trying make flag bearers from other figures it would be a great improvement especially for countries that carried two flags into battle. I know another company makes a command box but I would love a command box by the strelets sculptor so that it matches the figures he has sculpted.

We are always wanting more on this forum but it is only because we want to create the most accurate formations and by asking for more we are helping to create that "perfect" set. which should lead to better sales for Strelets.

bfn
Allan

Spot on Allan!!