Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thank You Strelets Webmaster - Russian Jager in Summer Dress

James Fisher

A few additions and modifications to the masters for these and we could have a set of Russian musketeers in advance and one firing. (Or are the masters destroyed in the process of making the moulds? In which case they will have to be 'inspired from'...)

Regards, James
I too look forward to some Russian regular infantry in a firing line & advance/attack, (& maybe a really good couple of sets of the mitre cap wearing Grenadiers?!)

However if the masters survive the mould making process,I think it's better for a Russian musketeer set to have their own masters.
While I see the advantage of modifiying existing ones, if something happened to the mould for say these Jagers, & there were no masters as they had been changed more to be like line infantry, that would be a great shame, due to jagers being a set thats been wanted for so long.

The poses are excellent for Jaeger. I am pleased with the way the masters look, especially while all troops wear the Kiver shako. The previous sets of shoulder and order arms really had too many fieldcaps. If I am to adopt them as musketeers(acquire additional sets to do so) I might use the bristles of the dishbrush and some superglue to add bayonets(good tip!).
Looking towards the new year, fighting poses with bayonet in greatcoats for all nations seems like a great idea for the further expansion of the range as well as fighting poses in regular uniform(including the rags of the Peninsular war). So much to wish for, so little time to spent practicing the hobby.

As an afterthought; could calling this set jaeger in summer dress imply that a second set in winterdress is also on the cards? I would be jumping with joy.

Dear Thomas,

Let's not exaggerate small things:smirk:

Faithfully Yours,

Strelets

Re: Dear Thomas,

Team Strelets,
You kill my savings!
Ok brilliant but you keep avoiding my question about Russian infantry in greatcoats marching.
I am not in a hurry but a glimpse early next year would be nice.
In the meantime, thank very much for these great figures.
Cheers
CPN

Re: Dear Thomas,

Thank you Strelets. I an truly happy. There is something about Christmas......