Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Hurrah: Russian Jager in Summer Dress

Et voila, the masters are up to my humble expectations.
Order is on its way.
Next stop for Napoleonic?
Bavarian infantry firing line and very likely others.
Cheers and thank you Strelets.
CPN

Re: Russian Jager in Summer Dress

Allan I too am curious to know the whole box contents before committing to how many to buy.

I too am a long time customer of Strelets sets, but I find myself treating new Napoleonic sets with a bit more caution lately, after recent Strelets sets have shown problems that have caused me to alter some plans & choices. Luckily those particular masters were shown long before release, so keeping my Airfix Brits instead of moving them on proved a wise move in the end!!

I will only get multiple boxes of these Russian Jager (or any set from any manufacturer), if its shown to be worthwhile, with the majority of the box being useful & well thought out, rather than a fraction of it.

The Highlander firing line has had its masters shown for a while now, so I know how many boxes of those I will be buying and have planned accordingly.

I sense that there is a bit of a 'scramble' on at Strelets Towers at present, with the forthcoming/imminent release of many sets.

I also find it perplexing however that one of these ie: Russian Jager in Summer Uniform, which stands to be a 'best seller' by most standards, has not been properly previewed here. I bet that this set will sell a lot more than, for instance, the DAK PzB 41 set, which is somewhat niche and a little strange.

I am tending not to place orders/buy sets until I have seen pictures of them and, usually, until PSR have at least reviewed them enough to state what average height they are.

Re: Russian Jager in Summer Dress...and now you see them!

As if by magic...And very nice these look too!

The box is shown here with the figures, and content ,I think can be worked out, one sprue of four command figures, four sprues of ten figures with muskets, not my thing but what great looking figures and poses, just add bayonets.

Thank You Strelets Webmaster - Russian Jager in Summer Dress

Thanks for the update, Allan I agree about box configuration I can get my order sorted now thanks Strelets team. Love the kneeling and loading pose and also the empty flag pole it allows us poor painters to fit paper flags.

The other poses are nice, I can live without the bayonets but agree it is easier to remove than add. It also limits using them as line units as the Russians loved their bayonet advances.

bfn

Allan

Re: Thank You Strelets Webmaster - Russian Jager in Summer Dress

Ahh there they are!!!
Your persistance got there in the end Allan!!

Not a bad set, some nice poses in there. No casualties this time though. Perhaps these will be in a future Russian Line set, which can also be used as casualties for these men.

As mentioned just a shame about the lack of bayonets again. Always attach them Strelets, its the easiest way. Those who want them-have them, those that don't they can just trim them off.

Still think the muskets could be given a bit more work as they still dont have that nice sleekness of the real thing to them which is a shame given the delicate work on the men themselves.

Allan from Glasgow
Thanks for the update, Allan I agree about box configuration I can get my order sorted now thanks Strelets team. Love the kneeling and loading pose and also the empty flag pole it allows us poor painters to fit paper flags.

The other poses are nice, I can live without the bayonets but agree it is easier to remove than add. It also limits using them as line units as the Russians loved their bayonet advances.

bfn

Allan
Another great set by Strelets team...I like it so much... the bayonet missing are the only one problem that I could see. I need/ want this set so much...thank you Strelets.

Quite excellent. So pleased that I have some of these coming and I will have to get some more next year.

A few additions and modifications to the masters for these and we could have a set of Russian musketeers in advance and one firing. (Or are the masters destroyed in the process of making the moulds? In which case they will have to be 'inspired from'...)

Regards, James

James Fisher

A few additions and modifications to the masters for these and we could have a set of Russian musketeers in advance and one firing. (Or are the masters destroyed in the process of making the moulds? In which case they will have to be 'inspired from'...)

Regards, James
I too look forward to some Russian regular infantry in a firing line & advance/attack, (& maybe a really good couple of sets of the mitre cap wearing Grenadiers?!)

However if the masters survive the mould making process,I think it's better for a Russian musketeer set to have their own masters.
While I see the advantage of modifiying existing ones, if something happened to the mould for say these Jagers, & there were no masters as they had been changed more to be like line infantry, that would be a great shame, due to jagers being a set thats been wanted for so long.

The poses are excellent for Jaeger. I am pleased with the way the masters look, especially while all troops wear the Kiver shako. The previous sets of shoulder and order arms really had too many fieldcaps. If I am to adopt them as musketeers(acquire additional sets to do so) I might use the bristles of the dishbrush and some superglue to add bayonets(good tip!).
Looking towards the new year, fighting poses with bayonet in greatcoats for all nations seems like a great idea for the further expansion of the range as well as fighting poses in regular uniform(including the rags of the Peninsular war). So much to wish for, so little time to spent practicing the hobby.

As an afterthought; could calling this set jaeger in summer dress imply that a second set in winterdress is also on the cards? I would be jumping with joy.

Dear Thomas,

Let's not exaggerate small things:smirk:

Faithfully Yours,

Strelets

Re: Dear Thomas,

Team Strelets,
You kill my savings!
Ok brilliant but you keep avoiding my question about Russian infantry in greatcoats marching.
I am not in a hurry but a glimpse early next year would be nice.
In the meantime, thank very much for these great figures.
Cheers
CPN

Re: Dear Thomas,

Thank you Strelets. I an truly happy. There is something about Christmas......