Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Box cover for 8th Army Australian Infantry in Attack...do the opposition stand a chance?

What's that Mark? It only counts in Quainsland and in that other state, north of the line of sense and reason!

Still, that great English friend, rain may come to the rescue.

Pity. Nothing much beats beating the Poms at cricket. 'Cept for another Eagles flag and West Aussies beating t'other siders at anything!

Regards, James

p.s. Of course, one day does not a test match make. One test does not a series make, neither...

Re: Box cover for 8th Army Australian Infantry in Attack...do the opposition stand a chance?

As a Brit in Australia the first test hasn't exactly gone to plan! But so are the fortunes of war (... and sport).

I know I have mentioned this before but it would be interesting to see some figures playing cricket ( and perhaps Football). Western desert Commonwealth types having a (Cricket/Football) match between action. Perhaps not a big seller to non-Commonwealth countries but I am sure Strelet's would do a great job with figure choice including spectators. Such a set could include British,Australian, New Zealand, South African and Indian players/spectators to name a few (with the odd bemused American and French onlookers trying to work out the game)... I think I have more chance of winning the lotto but it would make an interesting set.

In 1900 the French played Cricket at the Summer Olympics in Paris. Great Britain beat France by 158 runs! No other country took part. The ICC is preparing a bid for the sport's return to the Olympics at the 2028 Los Angeles Games. However, it willl probably be T20.

Re:do the opposition stand a chance? No.

Kim Crankshaw
As a Brit in Australia the first test hasn't exactly gone to plan!

Bit of an understatement.

On the fourth day of the Test, it's looking like Napoleon's retreat from Russia (wargaming reference).

Things can only get better for England.....

donald

Re: Re:do the opposition stand a chance? No.

I retired to bed with a glimmer of optimism , a draw maybe if they could build on what they had, but woke to that familiar reality ,a batting collapse , hay ho, always next time.

Re: Re:do the opposition stand a chance? No.

The Australians make good use of the home ground advantage. There's a reason why the first test is always at The Gabba, drop the Englishmen into the most difficult environment right at the start and sap their energy for the rest of the series.

I heard that the W.A. test has been moved to Hobart, if it snows the England team might have a distinct advantage. :smile: