Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Well Done Haron (& Strelets, Naturally)!

Just completed the integration process of the latest pre-1783 AD sets produced by Linear-A, RedBox, and Strelets over the past couple of months into my personal catalogue. I like Strelets' French Dragoons Skirmishing set (very imaginative design), but also really approve of the Jacobite '45 cavalry offerings from RedBox. Some really splendid poses, particularly of the dragoons shooting forward instead of to the side. Appropriate command elements have been provided for as well, which is always nice. Well done and looking forward to the artillery set Haron! :sunglasses:

Re: Well Done Haron (& Strelets, Naturally)!

Yes, I also like his figures.

For me after Zvezda stopped to create new sets - Haron’s figures are the best ones in the markets: just look at WSS (strelets label), Jacobite rebellion, Redbox musketeers, Redbox Napoleonic, Cossacks.

He makes great poses and also one of the best historical research. The WSS range is also one of the best.

Bravo!

Keep doing like this.

Kind regards,

Yevgen

I also express my appreciation for their new sets, they shall keep their good work and expand the existing topics, e.g. the Crimean War or Medival- Byzantines !

Yes, yes, yes to Byzantines.

I really like the 4 pre 1812 Russian sets for the Napoleonic wars by RedBox which supplement the Strelets boxes of Russian infantry post 1812 perfectly. I just wonder if any other inroads will be made by them into the Napoleonic wars.

I agree Thomas, those early Russians are wonderful figures—I got heaps of them. They are such fun to paint.

Cavalry to go with them could be done (especially the hussars), perhaps? Another small, 'complete' series could be Revolutionary era French infantry (especially légère)? Or 1792–6 Kingdom of Sardinia or 1799–1800 Russians (mind you, I got hold of existing figures for Seven Years War to fill those latter two armies, with a bit of conversion with knife and paint).

There's pre-Bardin French infantry in full dress (1807–12), but I am sure that Strelets will have these in hand...

Regards James

yes, they are some nice figures and i would have purchased some, had they been released
in some shade of green plastic (preferably a light green). i do not paint figures any
longer, preferring instead to hand decorate a line of postcards that i've been working on
of late. and no, spray paint won't work. my plasticals go right into the dirt, as god, in
her infinite wisdom has decreed!