Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FRIDAY

Wouldn't mind seeing some masters for Napoleonic British Line in Square or Brunswick infantry in square!

Failing that, some nice 1813-1815 French NOT wearing greatcoats in proper "march attack" poses or a set "in attack" would be good too!!
Wasn't a fan of the casual look of the previous Strelets French marching sets. Ok maybe for portraying a retreating army or one on its way to battle, but not good for when actually on the battlefield.

Just remember Fusiliers have only 1 crossbelt for combined cartridge box & bayonet, while flank have a crossbelt for each AND shoulder epaulettes!!

Aussie heavy weapons,

Good enough for me on any Friday, looking foreword to seeing the Africa korps set/s.

Re: Aussie heavy weapons,

Amen to that

Spanish Erik
Amen to that
Good looking Aussie Heavy Weapons.
I'm not sure about the AA Bren gunner wearing an overcoat though.
I see men with mortar shells but no mortars!
I wonder why?
Stay safe folks
Richard

Richard
Spanish Erik
Amen to that
Good looking Aussie Heavy Weapons.
I'm not sure about the AA Bren gunner wearing an overcoat though.
I see men with mortar shells but no mortars!
I wonder why?
Stay safe folks
Richard
I agree Richard. The AA Bren-gunner in overcoat just doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of this set...and anyway, four of these in one set is too many really.

The other poses and dress look fine, although I also am wondering where the heavy weapons themselves have got to here??

Yes, indeed, the greatcoat is all right for freezing desert nights but it won't keep out machine gun bullets and shrapnel when Tobruk is being being bombed!
I don't recall seeing machine guns either, just the loaders.
So, where are the Heavy Weapons?
Oh well perhaps I can work round the omissions but we shouldn't have to.
Never.
Stay safe
Richard