Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Things are heating up in the desert

Richard
Alan Buckingham
Richard
Arlin
Well, it looks like Strelets is showing the poses for Italian Infantry in Defense.
Very nice. So I suppose the Aussies are two sets, at least, with some attacking and some heavy weapons or maybe in defense (for Tobruk, maybe).

Things are heating up in the desert.
Great looking infantry set with a good variety of poses.
But no mortars - a must for defence! An obvious and annoying oversight!
I\\\'ll soon be reworking my Italian forces so I wonder when these will appear?
I wonder even more if we\\\'ll see the much requested Italian Colonial troops?
Here\\\'s hoping...........
And I haven\\\'t even mentioned the Americans yet..............
Richard
We have not seen an Italian heavy weapons set yet, Mortar, 20mm aa/at gun , heavy machine gun, one has to be in the pike line.
Absolutely!
Definitely Italian Heavy Weapons set, and an Afrika Korps Heavy Weapons set, also the Colonials.
So many requests, so little time (now I'm 67), so little money.
When will we see them? Will I be able to able to afford them!? Where will I put them all?
And I'm looking at the Americans.............
So many questions, and I'm awaiting answers!
Stay safe folks and Carry On Collecting! (Excuse my whimsical mood of the moment).
Richard
Stay calm Richard. Think of all the good things that might happen before you are 68...

Like an Italian Heavy Weapons set featuring a couple of sprues with Brixia Modello 35 mortars and crew, perhaps a 20mm Solothurn A/At rifle, and a couple of sprues with the Breda Modello 35 20mm AA/AT gun. Pretty much the definitive Italian heavy weapons set-up, and likely to sell very well indeed.:grinning: :+1:

Hi
the Waterloo 1815 Italian Support Group has Brixia mortars, flamethrowers, radio operators, cyclists, motor bikes and more useful items.
I'm currently sorting out old figures and sets, even binning a few redundant items!
I'll soon be torn between eating, heating, paying the bills and collecting!
Sometimes it's hard to motivate myself, and I wonder what will become of my vast collection (and growing) collection when I'm gone!
Back to the present and so much to do, so little time.......
Stay safe folks
Richard

Stay positive Richard! I'm sure you still have a good few years yet, and time enough to enjoy your collection of figures. It is, I am sure, a very fine and extensive one.

And, should you ever wish to part with parts of it, then I'm sure your friends here on this Forum will help find parts of it a good home.:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi
it's odd that you should say these things!
It so happens that I've just found I can have a long overdue operation for a total new replacement in about a years time.
Question is can I afford to live to a ripe old age? And keep doing the things I love?
Again, re old figures, well I've no idea, or desire to get involved with ebay selling.
However, if anybody wants figures I can no longer use, they're welcome to them for the cost of postage.
Right now, they're broken/damaged/rough painted Airfix type 1 figures, poses I can't use 8th Army and Afrika Korps. So, if anyone wants them for casualties, conversions whatever they're welcome to them. But I'll gradually be working through many others.
For example some plastic "Hong Kong" type figures, some sort of WW2 British Infantry.
To be honest, we have no children or anyone to leave anything to, so the wife and I decided long ago to leave everything in our will to be sold and the proceeds will go to the local church and charities.
Best regards to all
Richard

Every has said what needs to be said especially about heavy weapons and colonial troops. Again, as people have said, helluva lot of SMGs,already too many in the Waterloo 1815 sets. I thought this about the Indian infantry. More rifles please.

Thompson's curse strikes again

What beautifully sculpted and posed figures! But what a disappointment too, finding this long hoped for set suffers from the same 'curse' as almost every other WWII range of figures; if I can't find a way to convert those useless submachine gunners into something else, I'll end up throwing a third or more of the box away:disappointed: