Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have a nice week-end—skirmish combat

This is the representation of the Battle of Smolensk that I was trying to find online. It's reproduced in one of Michael Glover's books that I have. Highly stylised but a great representation of the opposing skirmish lines and other formations. Just like Albrecht Adam's paintings, the French are shown deployed in their lines of attack. I like the large, Russian regimental square too.

Roger, you'll appreciate the level of training of the lancers' horses to get them to gallop with such wonderful parade-ground symmetry!

Re: Have a nice week-end—skirmish combat

😂 yes those are some very interesting horses he has done there!!!! Oh dear!!!

Its certainly a very busy painting, but the style is not my cup of tea. I much prefer the style of the previous examples. Ok maybe they had some odd horses galloping too, & some men twisted in some strange poses, but the overall way he has carried out the painting is more pleasing.

Re: Have a nice week-end!

It’s definitely nice to see those Russians. Although the muskets are a little on the chubby and short side as mentioned previously. AndI would also like to see a bayonet. The kneeling figures back foot is a little flat too which must be quite uncomfortable.
I just hope the Austrian jaegers will see the light of day also along with some Hungarian troops in action. Also firing lines for all the current released nationalities.
I would also have liked to see that polish artillery set. Maybe one day fingers crossed.

Re: Have a nice week-end!

Good choice for the Italians...even if i'm not a great fan of so many steel helmets and shorts in N. Africa and, obviously, East africa...except maybe during the last period such as the Tunisia Campaign..the sculpting and choice of poses is very good...but, above all, the inclusion of a FIAT early type, water-cooled HMG, even if not the most appropriate MG for Western Desert Italians, would be extremely useful for easy conversions (mostly head swaps a some putty) for WW1 Italians, Eritrean and Lybian Askaris, Bersaglieri and Alpini for both World Wars..and, probably, with some minor putty additions and head swaps also for Lybia 1912. Generic or easy convertible Italian artillery crews bodies are also in need..