Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: christmas b

would give me nightmares the kilts am lucky with the great war scots as they wear kilt aprons.so only have to do back but if lazy london scottish hodden grey is the best bet

I find Citadel's Contrast paints give me the illusion of a kilt pattern from a distance. Application of one coat on top of white primer is all I need. All done and dusted quickly

Reminds me of the apprentice on the building site who was sent to buy some striped paint

I'm just wondering which sets will make up the expected 13?
... a surprise might be nice, say.... something for the Gallipoli campaign?

Oh dear. I agree, we should cease skating on thin ice. I will just explain that I had no wish to prolong matters; I only mentioned the B-thing just to pick up on someone else's post, and move, or try to move, the topic onto delay/impatience an eventual wish fulfilment in this glorious hobby!

But things do tend to get a bit out of hand. I particularly loved the guy (who gets my Vicar of Bray of the week award, BTW) who then made a long post about the B-thing, then congratulated a couple of others for saying we shouldn't post about politics/the B-thing, and then went on to post, at least twice, about the B-thing! Bravo on a masterly use of bandwidth there!

All of which merely goes to show that that these are deep waters, and it is as well not to speculate over who may fish in them! What I would add, however, is I don't think anyone has actually fallen out in this topic. Yes, a frisson of danger has been sensed as we approached a dangerous corner at unwonted speed, but it all remained civilised, and the car stayed on the road. Go us!

So, back to topic, Christmas, New Year, or Spring, with hobby releases I am content to await them whenever they come, and I think that Strelets has already given us an awful lot in a little time. I remain impressed by the speed and volume of their releases. A huge boost to the hobby by a single manufacturer, for which I think we are all grateful.

""But things do tend to get a bit out of hand. I particularly loved the guy (who gets my Vicar of Bray of the week award, BTW) who then made a long post about the B-thing, then congratulated a couple of others for saying we shouldn't post about politics/the B-thing, and then went on to post, at least twice, about the B-thing! Bravo on a masterly use of bandwidth there!""

Hi Edwardian.
Not sure who you are refering to, but for my part, I too did not want to "fan the flames". So I never once said if I was pro or anti "B-thing".
My post after yours merely tried to move the topic along, from the focus of being about said "b-thing", to it being a supply disruption which was a global issue, even citing climate trouble within a certain sector & of course covid still affecting us. We are living in strange times these days.

I did congratulate people on trying to take the heat out of the situation. I finished with making a point saying there were those that were pro or anti in many nations in Europe, so thus perhaps then not a good idea to single out an entire nation as a whole....say.....France for example, & thus not attract the ire of others, causing tempers to flare. That was my only reason for mentioning the topic again.

I was trying to diffuse things, using a calm, neutral & balanced approach to the discussion. Being diplomatic is far better than to have an itchy trigger finger is it not?!! If it came across as someone trying to be a "Vicar of Bray" character, that was not the intention. I certainly had no position that I was desperately hanging on to, unlike the character in that story!!!!

By the way, with what has happened in this thread, it may be better to not mention "waters" & "fish"!!!!! 😉😂😂

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be for or against either, and, like you, was trying to move things along and away. We, and I think here of the UK and Europe, face a lot of challenges, some unforeseen, such as the as the pandemic. Changes such as the B-thing can add a layer of complexity and difficulty, though occasionally they can streamline a solution. But these issues have so many moving parts, it's ultimately hard to judge effect and almost impossible to construct a sensible counter-factual scenario for comparison. What am I saying? Well, apart from supporting the consensus that no good can come of debating such inappropriate matters, I doubt any reliable conclusions can be reached about the effect of something one may, or may not, support!