Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another week is almost over,

Hopefully, you've enjoyed the run

and didn't miss your targets

Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Good Bye Afrika Korps

Go Aussies in North Africa/Pacific?
Can't wait to get my hands on these.
Helmets included I hope as more prevalent in battle than the iconic slouch hat.
Thank you Strelets

I think the earlier Jocks, with the Brodie helmets, are part of this set, so there are a good mix of helmets and slouch hats.

The slouch hats will be useful to me, because after they fight it out at Tobruk, I'm sending these guys to reinforce Port Moresby in New Guinea. The real guys there were still wearing this uniform when they got to the Kokoda.

Let us hope that little by little we will transfer ourselves at the Far East fronts, especially the Chinese one!!!
But I must say that these figures seems to be of a high quality in all respects!!!
Well done Strelets, for one more time...

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Re: Another week is almost over,

These are really good!!
Nice job Strelets 👍

J'aime vraiment beaucoup, particulièrement les figurines italiennes.:grinning: :smile: :smiley:

Great figures again Mr strelets i am saving up for xmas I have a huge want list already.
somebody stop me please.:wink:

Another week-end full of pretty figure...thank you Strelets ... can I hope for the Gurkas one of these days? ;)

These are AWESOME, Australians and Italians (? I hope so) in Africa are some of the most important sets missing. This Christmas is going to hit hard on my wallet

This is not my period of interest, but these do look like excellent poses. Well done Strelets!

Good looking sculpts, and the Aussies are a welcome surprise. Good poses, just a minor quibble over the very small (toy-sized?) revolver being carried by the officer.

Have a good weekend.

Minuteman
Good looking sculpts, and the Aussies are a welcome surprise. Good poses, just a minor quibble over the very small (toy-sized?) revolver being carried by the officer.

Have a good weekend.
The Australians look great. At least the officier is not waving his pistol in the air (shooting pigeons?) which is loved by so many manufactures.Looks like a set for Middle East/ Levant and North Africa. Could also do with some Vichy French to go against them.

Unlternately, I hope that these figures are morphed into another set for the Pacific with long trousers rather than shorts. Any chance of a quick look at the Old Matchbox set and reproducing the mule and handler. A lot to ask for but worth the try!:grinning:

The Aussies look a bit like the Highlanders, body proportions are not quite right, whilst delighted to see them I would prefer them not "rushed" but take the time to get them right, the pose with his hand outstretched , why or what is he doing ? . Rommel always said give me a division of New Zealands and I will take any objective and a division of Aussies to hold it, or words to that effect. Aussies in defence and take the time to get them right and you have an irresistible set.

I agree with RCD. Some Vichy please. And i add some Italian Colonial troops.

Thanks for further previews of WWII North Africa/Mediterranean units.
The earlier shown Italians as well as these DAK and Australians will be excellent additions to the respective 1/72 range.
Really hope not all upcoming Aussies will look as comic-like as those grotesquely oversized musclemen presented earlier. :see_no_evil:
However, more clearly recognizable Commonwealth troops for both world wars are always a valuable addition.
Count me also in for any possible expansion regarding Far Eastern theatres 1937-45 (SE Asia & China). :wink:

Alan Buckingham
Rommel always said give me a division of New Zealands and I will take any objective and a division of Aussies to hold it, or words to that effect.
Pretty sure that this is definitely not a genuine Erwin Rommel quote.
Most likely its just pure self-constructed wishful thinking. Under today's circumstances, such misinformation is all too quickly declared to be "truth and certainty". Unfortunately, an alarmingly widespread phenomenon in the www these days.
However, should anyone be able to provide a credible source for this quote, I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Thanks again to the hard-working and inspired Strelets crew for their beautiful weekly previews. Keep em coming! :slightly_smiling_face: