Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ach, I didnae budget for this

Yes, they are kind of ok-ish, but neither the best nor the worst set of Highlanders ever made. For me the best sculpts are the Waterloo 1815 set and the old Esci British infantry (though far too few poses). Actually they are not much better than the old Italeri Highlanders (I don't like the new one), though the silver plastic was awful, but the poses were pretty good. The Waterlo 1815 set seems to be out of production sadly.

Hi Flambeau.
I know what you mean about the Italeri sets.

The Waterloo 1815 set is still in production as far as I know, their sets just seem to take a little while to get restocked.

Hannants has plenty if you want some.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/WLAP039?result-token=kgmTk

Tis greet mun.
I actually like all of the poses; especially as many have not been done before.

I like this set some strange poses but its better than turning out the same old poses in every box all the time.

I believe with the other sets available and planned by Strelets these will be a welcome addition alongside other companies' output which makes the unusual poses valuable because of their "oddness." It's that one odd pose that often brings a scene to life.

Combined with aforementioned sets these will be great. Thanks for thinking out of the box.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy poses that are different to the normal too. But they still need to be suitable for the subject in the box. Instead of those poses in the middle of the 2nd row, 2 more kneeling poses would of been better. So that would of made 6x kneeling & 6x standing for the main troop figures. Thus allowing equal numbers of kneeling & standing to be set up. Its also useful as if buying multiple boxes, you always get an equal amount, allowing a customer to make a square to the size & depth they wish. Such a set would of been a great stand-alone box, with a customer only needing to buy boxes of the Strelets set to make a excellent square.

Instead, we have some poses chucked in here that just do not fit in to what a infantry square would be doing during an attack. Very few (if any), would of been engaging in such over dramatic & random bayonet attacks from behind the kneeling ranks. In heroic paintings & Hollywood maybe, but not real life! They would of found it hard to reach a cavalryman like that, especially this lot with their short muskets!!! Just looks silly.

So if a customer wants to concentrate on building a square, poses from other sets will be needed, especially for kneeling poses.
This means that this set, just like the recent cavalry with their poor horses, needs extra expenditure to make it work.

The regular British infantry in square & the Brunswickers in square are what I really hope to see, but I would hope for more thought put in to the design of the set, with a little less emphasis on overly dramatic poses. Strelets recent infantry sets at the moment have poses taking up space that are a little too much like some of the old Esci sets, with their rather random, dramatic & sometimes contortionist type poses.
The odd couple in a box (and I really mean just 2 individual figures), is ok & provides something different, but not multiples of such a pose. It detracts from the sets purpose & wastes space for better more suitable poses.