Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mars Rangers

The Man from Mars visits the Bennos Forum from time to time, and I see that you have raised this issue there, Alan. I hope you are able to get a sensible response.

I have learned from experience that Mars sets are sometimes a little suspect, and so I tend to wait until PSR have reviewed them before parting with cash. The US D-Day machine gunners do look as if they may be worth buying though, although I will still wait a few weeks before placing an order.

This is a pity, since I have already bought two boxes of them, I couldn't wait getting them in my hands. I have to confess that I am open to forgiveness though, only if their quality is as good as the one shown in the U.S. paras set. I'll let you know as soon as I grab them, let's hope Alan's case has been a singular one.
I am also hoping for British paras for D-Day and Arnhem :), the Rangers were a surprise.

Cheers,

Ale

Thanks, seeing as Mars are not the easiest to contact I am leaving a note everywhere I can think of ,as yet no replies.

Always annoying when something like that happens.
Have had that happen to me in the past.
Mars is a company I have not really bothered with before.
However, as Mark says, the US machine gunners look really good & show that Mars has slowly improved in the quality of the figures.
Of course this will be irrelevant if the contents is not what it should be.

Aside from this mistake though, if this increase in quality continues, I hope they delve into more Napoleonics to add some much needed competition.
Their own take on some British line infantry rather than the remould of a small few of the old Revell set for example.

I'll chime in here as well as Benno's.
Something tells me there was an issue with the mold. I purchased a set from Toy Soldier HQ as well as early on from a dealer in the Ukraine. And each set had only one sprue that contained the Thompson guy (and he had a LOT of flash near where he was attached to the sprue. It appears that there were only enough complete sprues to add one to the box and the rest were cut off with other random figs added to keep with the "piece count". Toy Soldier HQ said all the sets they ordered also only contained a maximum of one complete sprue. It sounds like, if you received no Thompson figs, that maybe the mold gave out before there was any more complete sprues for later boxes. Just a guess unless MARS chimes in.

Arlin , thank you, that sounds about right, how very disappointing all round.