Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pictures of new Linear A ancient figures

Graham Korn
I don\'t think these are news figures they are sets that have showing on their upcoming sets section for some months.
These are new figures that are arriving in shops for sale at present (they have of course been shown on the Linear A site during development).

I just thought that fellow collectors might like to be aware of the curved sarissas, so that they know what they are buying.

Similar pictures are also shown on the Drum and Flag website - possibly the original source of the images.

I will still be buying multiple boxes myself and replacing the sarissas with high tensile wire such as that used by Hinchliffe figures many years ago.

I have a large army of such figures and even after more than 40 years of rough handling not a single spear has bent.

Thanks, Sandy.

Good to know.

donald

I'm really looking forward to these and, like you Sandy, have multiple boxes in mind.

Straightening sarissas (or even replacing if it comes to it) is not a big drama as far as I am concerned. I hope that the bit of flashing is rare as that is always difficult to remove completely successfully. The biggest concern are the missing body parts. I do hope that is a rare occurrence!

Wonderful looking figures and we are fortunate to have linear a 'churning out' such a range of well sculpted and interesting subjects, I reckon.

Regards,

James

These are indeed no real news, but figures that have long been known and are available for some time now.
Regarding the curved sarrisas, well this problem is as old as the production of plastic figures itself. So far, no plastic manufacturer has been able to offer the perfect solution for this.
As so often before, we are once again left with the well-known methods of straightening or replacing them. :sweat_smile:

To be honest, I am slightly shocked by such extreme prices in the UK. On the continent one can buy Linear-A and other brands directly from the manufacturer or various online retailers for less than 10,- Euros per Linear-A set. :confused:

Price is likely consistant with import duties+vat but to be honest the tax system in the UK/EU has become impossible to navigate, as its pretty much the same importing into the EU as well, can be very expensive heard some odd stories on other forums, so its a loose loose for us Im afraid...

As to the bendy pike, kind of expected at least they got them to work after a fashion but my choice would be to replace entirly if practical, wont know that untill I try it likely to be PITA...

Seems to me that producers miss the boat on this it would be far better if the pikes were seperate, personaly lengths of rod would suit me better or just add my own, modern glues work very well these days...

:frowning:

PeterTheGreat
These are indeed no real news, but figures that have long been known and are available for some time now.
Regarding the curved sarrisas, well this problem is as old as the production of plastic figures itself. So far, no plastic manufacturer has been able to offer the perfect solution for this.
As so often before, we are once again left with the well-known methods of straightening or replacing them. :sweat_smile:

To be honest, I am slightly shocked by such extreme prices in the UK. On the continent one can buy Linear-A and other brands directly from the manufacturer or various online retailers for less than 10,- Euros per Linear-A set. :confused:
Re: Price of these figures in the UK: Yes, I am a bit shocked as well. I always hestitate to pay more than, say, £10GBP for a set of 1/72 figures, and it has to be something good for this price eg: one of the classic sets of Zvezda artillery. So £13+ GBP for 24 phalangites where I will have to remove and replace the sarissae?? Not a good deal in my book. At this price metal is almost cheaper.

Some days ago I have received all three new phalanx sets and the light infantry set. There are really wonderful scupted figures with impressive details. Theirs only minus are much flash around them and unfortunatly directly on some faces too. Theirs plastic is also very problematic which allows only a warm cutting of the flash lines. Nevertheless there are adorable figures.