Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nap Austo-Hungarians with Shako.

Hi Giovanni,

I think with that particular company these days, you will be very lucky to see a new set, (even one that has indeed had the designs put up), made and put on sale within 2-3 years. Probably even longer.
They seem quicker at taking suggestions on board, even sometimes putting up 3D renders or drawings of the plans (such as the BEF or the AWI planned sets). But when it actually comes to seeing them as test sprues & then eventually on shelves to buy.......half a decade could pass!!!!
Even the crowdfunding fiasco didn't make them speed up!! Look how long it took for the Peninsular British cavalry to appear, and then look at the quality we got 😠!!!

I think it's time to forget that brand now really. The brand is owned by a much bigger company. They don't focus on our hobby, they make other more perhaps mundane but useful everyday items out of plastic the majority of the time. Figures are just a tiny side line for them....if that even.

That company as a whole exists yes, but I think it should be just regarded as a company that just so happens to occaisionally make figures once in a while.

Dear Roger,

What a sadness!

Gio.

I too have had my post deleted by this other maker & I was banned for six months for asking when the next new sets would appear.
Another thing is they wont let you type Strelets on any post either there is some sort of stop on it like its a swear word or something.:grinning:

I think it has already been done:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=534

Regards,
Andrew

That particular HaT set I believe is "German" type Austrians rather than "Hungarian".

Think I have a couple of boxes of that lot that I got with the intention of using some to convert to Dutch troops.

Dear Roger,

You are absolutely right: Set 8027 of H. represents Austro - Germans with shako; unfortunately this is not one of the best set produced by H. I've used a soldiers of such a set, duly converted into a Austo - Hungarian infantryman, to make my own mold, (see my post on H. "General discussion", thread "CAD Nap. Hungarian renders" of February the 6th 2021).

As matter of fact I've been waiting for so long, and I'm afraid I'll be obliged to acquire white metal soldiers, for instance those of Art Miniaturen Zinnfiguren, which seem to be reasonably accurate and compatible with their 1/72 plastic colleagues.

I know, It's a sort o defeat to me, but what can I do?

Gio.

Dear forummers and Adm,

It would be interesting to have a reaction from Strelets Adm. on the subject of this thread.
What do you think?

Gio.

Dear Strelets Adm.

It there any reaction on this subject from your part?

Best regards.

Gio.

Dear Giovanni,

our general intention is to eventually manufacture sets for all Napoleonic fractions in their major march-attack-shooting stages.
When you count them all, you will realise, that it can't be done within a year or two, hence certain patience is required to see them all done.

Best regards,

Strelets

Hi Strelets.

That sounds fantastic for us Napoleonic war fans!!

Do these plans also include states such as Brunswick, Nassau, Holland/Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Baden, Westphalia, Saxony etc?

Kind regards

Roger

Forgot to add Hanoverians!! 😁 especially the green tunic field battalions & the stovepipe shako/cap wearing landwehr!!

Dear Strelets Admin.

This are really good news for us, numerous Napoleonic wargames enthusiast.

Thanks a lot.

Gio.