Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More 3D printed figures

Hi
It'll be interesting to see what Bum do with 3dc printing and how prices will go.
I had a few of their sets in resin and I wasn't impressed!
As for 3d printing I did several sets of 3d printed figures on ebay earlier this year. The figures were mostly drivers, which I had a need of and the only ones I got, also tank riders etc if I remember rightly - I'll have another look later. I had doubts at first, but they were absolutely identical with no flash and they painted up nicely
As for 3d printing generally it may well be the way ahead. I use Butler's printed models for some AFV's nowadays and they're generally very impressive. They can print in any popular scale on demand.
There are a few more cottage industries producing 3D models and overall I'd recommend them, though they do have some limitations, especially with interior detail and removing excess plastic.
I'm about to order 3 Sdkfz 10 semi-tracks for my Afrika Korps panzer divisions. When updating them I found some ancient Airfix polythene bendy vehicles I should have replaced years ago - they didn't take paint at all well!
They'll have to be retired, possibly disposed of if anybody has a need of them!
Best regards to all
Richard

Re: More 3D printed figures

Great heads up....thanks! A lot that is interesting going on there. Seeing Jesse James in a pink jacket almost made me spit up my coffee
{:-)) I love all of the buildings and forts. I am going to have to get some of those.