Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More 3D printed figures

I agree; this is indeed an interesting development and may be the future of the hobby - though I'm old-fashioned and still like the injection molded figures. But this is a great alternative. I'd like to get an idea of the prices and durability of the materials before I get too excited but the buildings and accessories look great.

Hi
It'll be interesting to see what Bum do with 3dc printing and how prices will go.
I had a few of their sets in resin and I wasn't impressed!
As for 3d printing I did several sets of 3d printed figures on ebay earlier this year. The figures were mostly drivers, which I had a need of and the only ones I got, also tank riders etc if I remember rightly - I'll have another look later. I had doubts at first, but they were absolutely identical with no flash and they painted up nicely
As for 3d printing generally it may well be the way ahead. I use Butler's printed models for some AFV's nowadays and they're generally very impressive. They can print in any popular scale on demand.
There are a few more cottage industries producing 3D models and overall I'd recommend them, though they do have some limitations, especially with interior detail and removing excess plastic.
I'm about to order 3 Sdkfz 10 semi-tracks for my Afrika Korps panzer divisions. When updating them I found some ancient Airfix polythene bendy vehicles I should have replaced years ago - they didn't take paint at all well!
They'll have to be retired, possibly disposed of if anybody has a need of them!
Best regards to all
Richard

Great heads up....thanks! A lot that is interesting going on there. Seeing Jesse James in a pink jacket almost made me spit up my coffee
{:-)) I love all of the buildings and forts. I am going to have to get some of those.