Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suggestion

Agreed, Mediterranean/desert and Burma or shorts/trousers ,

So say we all! Don't worry lads, they're on the way with kukris in hand...maybe in 2022?

gurkhas ww1 or ww2 would be nice at sometime. but as al says so many gaps need to be filled in all eras the list is endless me bef 1939 1940 but cool with any allied sets ww1 or ww2 that have not been done before

On a related note, but not toy soldiers, I have a WW 1 Kukri that I would like to sell, but not allowed to on ebay, does anyone know where It could be advertised and sold ?

Yes I also had a problem when I tried to sell a couple of my kids. So much for a free capitalist market place:grimacing:
On a more helpful note as it is over 100 years old it is classified as an antique. Try Easy Line Auction. or any online Antique Auction House.
PS. never found anywhere to sell some of the kids internet went down the other day so met a few of the kids downstairs they
seem to of turn out OK.

jah
Yes I also had a problem when I tried to sell a couple of my kids. So much for a free capitalist market place:grimacing:
On a more helpful note as it is over 100 years old it is classified as an antique. Try Easy Line Auction. or any online Antique Auction House.
PS. never found anywhere to sell some of the kids internet went down the other day so met a few of the kids downstairs they
seem to of turn out OK.
Thanks and I giggled out loud.

Baratheon
So say we all! Don't worry lads, they're on the way with kukris in hand...maybe in 2022?

I've always said it... a set of the type is missing

During the second world war the Ghurkhas wore a helmet in combat so would look just like everyone else really.

A good point Philip. In North Africa, and Italy more so. However, one photo seemingly in battle (see below) may dispute this. But in Burma, Malaya and the Far East jungles I would say mixed use, if not mostly hats in the jungle. Nothing to stop Mr. Strelets having a set with different headgear (see their Indian Army sets).

Also, the PSR review of Airfix set states: "The most distinctive feature of these men's uniform is the hat, the traditional Gurkha style, which has been nicely sculpted. Although in battle some Gurkhas would have worn a normal British steel helmet, this hat doubtless also saw action."

What will set them apart from regular British 8th Army soldiers with steel helmets would be that these chaps would have Nepalese features and be holding or waving kukris.

Examples

just me but have always liked different headgear on allied troops. steel helmets just makes them look all the same as uniforms and field gear the same issue like the idea of being able to tell troops apart.as said above in some theatres soft headgear was worn also like the idea of troops wearing 1908 webbing as well as 1937

There is as per my first post on this thread a good argument for at least two sets , as per the photo`s above, jungle and med , throw in heavy weapons and you have set three. I always quite liked the Airfix set because it almost ticks most boxed, even the size works with 1/72 as these guys are not tall.

Exactly. Also, there's at least a 4th possible set - a "Command" set if you will...and you can picture a Japanese officer handing over his katana sword in surrender to Gurkha officers in such a set as in the photo above.