Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Mule Train Set by Strelets!

like the artwork, however ......

would prefer Burma or Australian mule train. The 14th army was not called the 'forgotten army' for nothing - even plastic figure manufactures ignore them! Lots of Japanese now available but no Australians larger than 22mm. Managed to get some Revell (ex Matchbox) some nice poses , mule especialy, but they are so small against 1/72 Matilda tanks.

Yes RCD! I support that too - I would also want them for my Chindits in particular. But yes, in the past I have also lobbied for Strelets to expand their WWII Japanese range into the Burma campaign...giving us more Chindits, Gurkhas and Australians. Indian artillery would be good. A mule train would be perfect in this series too.

And by the way, just look how many different Strelets sets the exact same camels have now appeared in. So with just this new production of one mule train, Strelets can extend their run into several sets with just a small amount of work to create new soldier poses (only 3-5 on each sprue?) for the accompanying infantry - from colonial to WWII era!

A multitude of future uses for a small investment. Surely a win for Strelets.

A set with pack mules would be great. I need some for my New Guinea Aussies and my Burma Chindits.

So either a mule with loads appropriate for several centuries (maybe on a separate sprue)

or a separate sprue with several WWII handlers, one for each country (a US Soldier in Italy or Pacific, a German Mountain Trooper, a French North African Foreign Legionnaire, an Aussie in New Guinea, a Japanese in Pacific, a Brit Chindit in Burma,...)

or a sprue with loads and handlers for several eras. Only the mules are the same sprue (walking, standing, doing "muley" things).

All would be fine for me...

Exactly Arlin.

Or maybe small holes in the generic baggage on sides of the mules (like the camels), where you can attach (peg in hole method) weaponry or other items specific to the era of the set. These era-specific/unique parts would be on the sprue with the figures.

This way the same generic baggage mules can still be mass produced for use in each "different" set.

I feel deeply concerned by this subject or project and would like to contribute with some personal photos, my grandfather was Lieutnant in the french foreign legion before WWII, you can see him with his men (the officer on the left of the Fourth photo.

He landed in Provence in 1944 with french troops and was kill in Germany one month before the end of the war, as Captain of his battalion, received the Legion of honor medal for bravery.

Before WWII and until 1944 he was in many french colonies (Syria, etc), fought Rommel with the british.

If Strelets is doing such a set it could be SUPER !