Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
And now for something completely different: Lee vs Napoleon

This is a joy to behold.

The latest 'active diorama' from Michael at 1/72 Legions In Plastic Depot is an alternative history in which Napoleon invades the United States and confronts Lee and his Army of Northern Virginia. Plenty of suspension of disbelief required but it is superbly done and had me beaming from ear to ear!

Click this link to see the video

I love that he adds the caveat/disclaimer of "Not intended to be 100% historically accurate", just for the pedants!

Re: And now for something completely different: Lee vs Napoleon

"I love that he adds the caveat/disclaimer of "Not intended to be 100% historically accurate", just for the pedants!"

Me too!

Great scene and a fun "what-if?" IMHO, part of the magic of our hobby.

I am in absolute awe of Michael. He shared a photo with me that did not make it into the video, of a wagon, parked by a field hospital, full of painted amputated legs that he had removed from old confederate figures that had become brittle. His creativity seems boundless. I couldn't help smiling as I watched this video.

That is a real spectacle and wonderfully-staged, James. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of members of this Forum.

The opportunity to play the 'what if??' in history is one of the great charms of wargaming and, indeed, collecting military figures.

One of the very first games I ever witnessed (at a tender age) featured Airfix AWI grenadiers assaulting a position held, I believe, by Airfix ACW Confederate infantry bunkered behind a Plasticine wall. At the time, crude thought this would be by 'modern standards, it made a great impression on me. Seeing this is partly to 'blame' for my pursuit of this hobby for the last 50 years!

All credit to those who 'push the boundaries' of historical reality.