Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Waterloo Diorama Exhibition 20-23 October

Dear Picton,

I have just started building up a collection of Napoleonic 1/72 wargaming figures, this is part of my long intended return to a childhood hobby, a process which has been enabled by my family growing up and my retirement!. My purchases include some of the lovely Strelets, Waterloo 1815 and Zeveda output, they are such a step change from the pioneer designs by Airfix on which I first practiced painting.

I would like to contribute to your amazing Waterloo project for next year. Is that possible? I can show some 15mm Minifigs as examples of my painting work, albeit produced 45 years ago.

I wish you all the best with your project and look forward to hearing from you.

VBWs,

David

Dear David, that is a very kind offer and much appreciated. One should never place private email addresses on public fora, so I am using the following Waterloo Uncovered address which is then forwarded to me: mark@waterloouncovered.com

Do please email that address and we can then discuss an appropriate unit.

Dear Picton,

Thanks for the reply and the cautionary advice. I will send on my details to your Waterloo uncovered address.

VBWs,

David

General Picton
This is a long awaited dream come true, I will be going to the NAM to see yours and everyone elses work on this spectacular diorama. I just hope that the proximity to it isnt too great that the time and effort put into it can not be seen in all its glory, and they dont move you on to quickly that you cant take it all in.
Keep up the great work!!
Im awe struck!!!!!!

Thanks Philip, hopefully see you there!

Dear General Cowan,

I would like to express my thanks to you for the implementation of this project, which expands and supplements Siborne's work.
I am a big fan of this project. The way to London from Germany is a little longer, but I have made up my mind to pay a visit to your diorama in the next few years.

In 2013 I was able to see the wonderful diorama "Cröbern 1813" (https://youtu.be/loJbuD3eycA) in Leipzig, which is now located in the city of Hannoversch Münden.
And your Waterloo diorama will be the second diorama highlight.
A wonderful project !!!