Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Desert patrol DAK

I thought some of the poses worked quite well for on patrol.
The middle row as shown on PSR especially.
You have the guy with his hand outstretched as if hes "on point", telling those behind to halt. Then a few more of the poses work as those behind him. They could be going through a village or something & have heard movement up ahead.

Then as Wayne suggests, some poses will work alongside some form of transport/armoured patrol vehicle. Perhaps having stopped due to a mechanical issue.

A couple of poses are a bit more sedate for "on patrol", but they could still be part of a patrol, taking a breather while the officers/NCOs discuss their route or what their next move is after hearing a report about enemy troop movements.

A really nice set I think.

Wayne, good thinking, I can also see them in/on vehicles (trucks, halftracks).
Regards, Pa

Alan Buckingham
PSR review is up, nothing to argue with there, looking foreword to more sets on the same subject, nice and deserty.
Yes, definitely a heavy weapons set!
This lack of heavy weapons sets is a common problem - see my Tommies thread!
Hopefully, this will be addressed.
To my way of thinking the Afrika Korps Mortar Squad, good as it is, was a missed opportunity. Personally, I'd have much rather have an equivalent set to the 8th Army Heavy Weapons, with machine guns, some in AA mode, mortars, flamethrowers, anti-tank riflemen, radio operators etc.
Here's hoping..............
Carry on Collecting folks!
Richard