Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Grenadiers a Cheval du Roi

Dear Graillou,

That's a fine, fine wargaming piece. Such marvellous painting of the lines and shading. Simply gorgeous.

Regards, James

Re: Grenadiers a Cheval du Roi

Agreed some wonderful brushwork , not sure about the faces, but everything else stunning.

Wonderful figures, I just hope mine come a quarter of the way to looking as good

A fine paint job on these fine figures, well done!

I assume that the bare flag pole is left without the flag for a purpose (wargames unit/marker?). The flag carried by the Grenadiers a Cheval changed little during the C18th, and is shown on the excellent Kronoskaf site at:

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Grenadiers_%C3%A0_cheval

The same site shows a drummer of the Grenadiers in a predominantly blue coat with lace, circa 1724. Musicians' uniforms of this early C18th period are notoriously difficult to research, and so a little artistic licence is perfectly acceptable in my book. The drummer in this group looks particularly well done.

Merci pour les compliments ,
pour eclaircir tout ça ,
d'abord je sous couche en noir donc je surligne tres peu en noir
concernant le drapeaux j'attend de le trouver !
merci encore
signé Graillou alias Pascal
PS: Je ne suis pas sur facebook ou twitter et ne suis pas non plus Pascal Chevolleau

Great painting, very good basing and the photography spot on. It allowed us to see how good the figures are, thank you.

James Fisher
Dear Graillou,

That's a fine, fine wargaming piece. Such marvellous painting of the lines and shading. Simply gorgeous.

Regards, James
I think the same things...bravo !!

Such high quality painting on show with these. Well done!