Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Last Time

IF the sets available in Europe are still centrally distributed from the UK that's strange as I got mine from KAMAR for about 10€ so no price increase here. So if they got them from the old British distributor it seems there was no tax for importing them from the UK to Germany (yet?). But if that's actually the case shouldn't they sell for about the same price in the UK too? It actually looks as if it's the other way round viz. they are imported into the UK, therefore the higher price. But who knows?

Prices in the UK are much the same, to us Brits, once it leaves the UK it is subject to local taxes this only seems to apply to EU countries, so if you order from outside of the EU from a UK seller it is business as usual Brexit has had no effect.

Prices fluctuate but seem to be less here at the moment for strelets, but as always it depends on the vendor. I'm looking at 8-11€ a box...
I would guess that shipments have to pass through the EU first by road, but its just a guess...

I did read something a short while ago that shipping was avoiding docking at UK ports where they had large quantities of goods for the EU as well, and sending the UK stuff by road... apparantly less red tape/hassle/expence...

"The shipping lines were already calling less frequently because of their bigger ships but that is now more sporadic as they cut out stops on their journeys and offload containers at a more convenient port; so, the ports are caught between the rocks of poor container clearance and uncertain activity peaks. Containers that have been ‘landed’ in other European ports may then be loaded onto trucks to be moved into the UK or held to be loaded on a short sea shipping vessel to, perhaps a minor British Port." from: The Chartered institute of logistics and Transport UK.

And that was before Brexit 2020/21...

Import/Export tax... in the UK has always been rather dodgy more a case of win some loose some, and the rules seem rather fluid from what I can tell which doesn't help...

I can only sympathise...

:face_with_thermometer:

If you live in the republic,try the Dublin model shop in James’ street.
Walshie always has a great supply ofStrelets anytime I visit.Look up the website,I’m sure that some over the phone business can be arranged.🇮🇪👌

Celtic warrior
If you live in the republic,try the Dublin model shop in James’ street.
Walshie always has a great supply ofStrelets anytime I visit.Look up the website,I’m sure that some over the phone business can be arranged.🇮🇪👌
Thanks went there on Friday great little shop.