Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dark Alliance Suggestion/ Request

Yes sir they are. Since my son was about 4 he has helped me set stuff up. I started him off on old sets I didn’t fool with any more and went from there. And of course once my daughter was old enough to do what her brother did, she wanted sets of her own. They are both very imaginative and intelligent. My son came up with the idea of the mummy chariots on his on. I am glad I was able to impart my love of miniatures to the kids. Thank you for your interest. Let’s hope we can get those sets made.

That's great how you were able to get your kids interested in the hobby Ben. I hope to able to do the same with my son (he's only one, so some way to go). I have several bags of cheap 54mm plastic figures that he could get started on playing with one day if he wants to.
There is also a quarterly toy soldier show in my area that I always go to, and there have been more kids there lately, which is always a good sign if we want the next generation to enjoy our hobby.

It's often the challenge of financing it seems. But then Mr. HARON surprises us later.

Mr. HARON - will we see any more of your sets in time for Christmas?

Colin,
Just give it time friend, the bug will bite him soon enough. Where do you live that has a toysoldier expo every quarter? There is never anything close like that where I live.

Ole Ben
Colin,
Just give it time friend, the bug will bite him soon enough. Where do you live that has a toysoldier expo every quarter? There is never anything close like that where I live.
I live in Kensington, Md. The show I go to is the Heart of the South Toy Soldier in Annandale, Virginia, which is about a 30 minute drive for me. They have shows in February, June, September and December. It's nice to go to not just for all the cool stuff on sale but also to mix with fellow hobby enthusiasts. I'm hoping to take my son with me once he's old enough.

You are right up the road then. I live in Eden, North Carolina. Maybe five mile from the Virginia line. I will look that up. Once this plague has left us maybe things will get back to normal. Thanks again.

Well done Ben.

I agree that some Sci Fi would be nice, but I really support your notion of ancient Skeleton Warriors. The current Army of the Dead is great, but they are more ghostly than undead. Ancient & medeval skeleton warriors, to compliment the Caesar set, would be awesome. Mummy Chariots would be fun, but I'd like to see some Werewolf Warriors & Vampire Warriors also, ala Caesar's Ratmen & Lizardmen. (Hate to keep lauding Caesar, but they did come up with some interesting & supplimental Fantasy sets!)

However, I am NOT ready for Dark Alliance to abandon Tolkien yet. Still way more I want to see; Gondor infantry & cavalry, Rohan infantry at Helm's Deep. Armored Dwarvish infantry& cavalry, more Elves, Dwarves, Orcs & men. Character figures, etc.