Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: War of Spanish Succession Artillery Train?

The WSS artillery sets were a little sparse for contents compared to other competitors sets.

Limbers, Caissons etc are in short supply for many era's.
So I echo Edwardians call for such equipment for the WSS. Napoleonics could use some too. As could Crimea, ACW, Zulu Wars etc.

I also understand Flambeau's concerns about fiddly harnesses etc when making such horse drawn equipment. While I do & will readily continue to buy such sets, the construction does frustrate me at times. Trying to get plastic "ropes" into sides of horses etc......& keeping them there!!! Enough to make someone pull their hair out!!!

However, stopping short of simplifying such parts like Airfix & Imex etc did, it's hard to see another way of doing it.

Normally horse trains are 2 or 3 horses each side in a line. So...what about making them so that each side of the train of horses is already moulded with harnesses/ropes attached?
Then the customer just has to paint each line of horses whilst still on the sprue and then could glue to a supplied base. The 2 lines of horses would then be ready for a limber, caisson or wagon to be attached. Riders for the train can be done as they have always been.

It would be hard work for a sculptor and the moulding process, but its the only way I can think of making horse teams easier to put together.
Would be a tough but interesting challenge for a manufacturer too.

Re: War of Spanish Succession Artillery Train?

I am tentatively expecting such a set or two in the future based on a comment Strelets made to myself last year here on this very forum, although further confirmation would be great! :grin: