Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pascals super Austrian grenadiers

More very fine Austrians from the talented brush of Pascal. Well done! I very much like the impressively-detailed painting around the bearskin headgear, and also the fact that (at least) two regiments are represented here in what is clearly a combined unit. Fine basing of these figures also.

It would be good if Pascal could provide some thoughts/insights into his very effective painting style. To my mind it is a 'dark-to-light' technique, starting with a dark grey/possibly black(?) primer/undercoat, and then successive layers of lighter colour on top of this. Skilful brushwork will then retain the dark undercoat layer to show through as the black-lined effect on crossbelts and other points of detail.

Adding my compliments to those of Alan and Mark. Beaut figures provide the 'palette', but such fine highlighting, shading and basing bring them out at their best!

I especially like that you have represented companies of the three regiments in this grenadier battalion (which I'd have to look up in order to try to work out which).

Thanks for a 'Sunday morning delight',

James

Great job indeed,

Pascal publishes everyday on Facebook and has a huge range of figures and all painted.

Look for Pascal Chevolleau on Facebook.
He is very reactive if you have questions.

Cheers
CPN

CPN
Great job indeed,

Pascal publishes everyday on Facebook and has a huge range of figures and all painted.

Look for Pascal Chevolleau on Facebook.
He is very reactive if you have questions.

Cheers
CPN

Indeed, I have admired Pascal's work elsewhere and he certainly does have a huge collection of painted figures, possibly the largest single Napoleonic collection I have seen.

Your right Alan, Pascals painting style is wonderful.

Some more fantastic Austrians, well done Pascal!

May I add my belated admiration for these splendid figures. (Unfortunately real life has caught up with me of late)
It's a tricky style to emulate and to my mind works best on Napoleonics and the like.
Splendid!

A greath painting job can do miracles...well done !!

Bonjour à tous,
merci pour les compliments,mais juste un petit rectificatif je ne suis pas sur Facebook et ne suis pas le Pascal Chevolleau
Ma peinture débute sur une sous couche noir, puis j'éclaircie de plus en plus en utilisant la lumière zénithale comme pour les grandes figurines