Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Justinian Heavy cavalry : boukellarioi

Very nice! Should receive some help from Linear-A in the coming years as well. :sunglasses:

TheBabylonian109
Very nice! Should receive some help from Linear-A in the coming years as well. :sunglasses:
Thank you mate !!
To be honest, is started that project preceisly knowing that Linear was working on it... Unfortunately almoste one year after, still no news about that timeframe from that super brand !
But i will wait...

Second preview, Kataphratkoi, regular cavalry. elite of the army, particularly well equipped by the Fabrica of the Empire, like the Boukellarioi they are as good at the bow as at the lance ... On the other hand, beyond their more uniform aspect (their units exist sometimes for centuries, and some of them will exist until the 10th century !!), they have no other loyalty than that due to the Emperor, and are not attached to a particular chief ...

As usual, tons of pics can be seen by cliking here (there is so many images that the page may take a little while to load if you have a bad connection ...)

regular cavalry :

i forgot to post one of the most inspiring artwork i used as inspiration : Belisarius at the dara battle

Yea, true. Was kind of afraid of that when they announced so many sets at the same time, always seemed like it was going to be problematic for them to deliver all of those. As my username suggests, I just want some Babylonians from somebody! :sweat_smile: Totally looking forward to their phalangite sets though, the masters look amazing!

An another preview of my justinian byzantine army : light heruli cavalrymen, germanic mounted warriors, fighting for rome as allied troops.
link

quite pleased with the result !