Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gentlemen, get prepared for a new week!

Dear Strelets,

What a beauty! Could a firing line (Austrian?) be the subject for 258, perhaps?

What we do need to get prepared for is to purchase these coming figures. Like Mark and 'Flambeau' discussed in the previous thread, I too was gonna slow down my purchases, but you wonderful people (along with linear-A and Mars) just keep throwing such joyful temptation in front of me!

I wish a great week to you all at Strelets.

Regards, James

p.s. Love a Friday teaser on a Monday. Any day, if fact...

Nice, but not the least bit deserty....

Great! Thanks a lot for it, that a grey work day becomes so colourful and imaginative ...

I presume austrian ....

And Alan, there are still many worlds behind the desert!

Or Byzanty.

Goodness gracious. First, we have Fridays to look forward to; now we have to get up early on Monday mornings to see more delights!
I'm going to need a 'bigger house'.

Superb figure , can't wait for this set to be released and hopefully the WSS sets will be available in UK soon and all other WSS sets to follow asap, as WSS is my favourite gaming period, all previous released WSS sets already painted and been in action!!!:))

cheers Old John

Always nice to see a figure holding the musket properly when using a ramrod. Nicely done here, well done Strelets!!

Not sure on whether a bayonet should be attached for these guys as I don't know the era well enough!!
I'm sure around this time they were sort of in a changeover from using the "plug" type of bayonet that actually went into the barrel, thus not being able to fire or reload, to then near the wars end they were starting to use socket types that attached around the barrel allowing musket to still fire/reload.
I guess the speed of the changeover depended on the nation?

A fine figure! As James observes, if this is indeed part of an Austrian Firing Line set, then this will be very useful - not only for Austrian infantry, but for many other nations also.

A very good way to start the week!

PS: Austrians on the March. Now Austrian Firing Line perhaps? So is an 'Austrians in Advance' of 'In Attack' set also on the cards???

Thanks, I needed that {:-)) Have a good one!

and what about some far east Chinese? Imagine, 1.3 billion people, about 700.000.000 males. If one in a thousand, buys one set, then we have 700.000 sales!!!(:thinking_face: )

Most excellent, and Habsburg approved.

Not my era (yet! ;-) ), but it doesn't stop me from admiring some finely realized figures. Great job!

Really good one for me...Fine sculpt. Bravo Strelets.