Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Color choices for future sets....and Hungarians?

I have been impressed with how responsive you at Strelets are to suggestions and feedback. It has bothered me how many sets that other companies have produced in grey or other inappropriate colors for any subject.....American WWII soldiers, British and Highland troops, etc. Although I have enjoyed the choice of gray for the WSS French, I am hoping that an alternate color of white or very light grey is being made for the Austrian sets that you produce, and that blue would be selected for any possible Bavarian sets produced. I am also hoping that you will take this subject opportunity to produce a set of Hungarian Hussars for the Austrians. It has been wonderful to see your development of so many excellent sets for this period, and the Austrians were such an important player in so many conflicts. By expanding this range, I believe that you are making people into set collectors who might not otherwise have many sets of this time period. BTW, I love the figure with the flag shooting the pistol. Thanks!

Re: Color choices for future sets....and Hungarians?

I paint the figures so plastic colour isn't that important for me personally, albeit I prefer nothing too garish.....nothing too bright or glossy.
However, plastic colours could be in some way linked to the troops nationality or prevaling colour of the uniform for those who don't paint.

Re: Color choices for future sets ...

I'm super glad to see some kind of appropriate or realistic colors matter to some collectors. A good, solid, flat color with enough color pellets mixed in with the plastic really shows the sculptors fine details. When the figures are semi transparent and shiny details simply are impossible to see and enjoy. I very much enjoy Strelets' choices of colors and attention to this aspect of their production.

For years on early eBay days I looked long and hard to find GIANT of Hong Kong figures in good quality colors. This aspect of my 1/72 collection is another kind of favorite to me. The pantographed down Britains Swoppet Knights, Cowboys and Indians are forever faves of mine!

Thank you Strelets, for doing a great job of this. Please continue it. :palm_tree: :camel: :earth_africa: