Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday ... ?

As up to now no one seems to have noticed: It's Friday again ... :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Friday ... ?

The figures and sprue for the Dismounted French Dragoons is all I need to see!

I'll count anything else as a bonus this week, especially after those excellent Austrian infantry on the march.

Have a good weekend:slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, missed those. Now the BIG question is: will it be twelve men and twelve horses or 24 men and six horses? I hope for the latter but am afraid it will be the former. More men would be better as at Blenheim many Dragoons fought dismounted because their horses had died due to bad food. And while the figures are great and the set is a most welcome addition I would have loved to see a drummer and a standard bearer included. Ah well, seems there's always room for wishes ... 😉

It had slipped my mind too....fingers crossed for some more nice deserty figures.

Some nicely accurate Napoleonics will do me!

Maybe Mister Strelets is to busy getting the new releases ready & is too busy to play our little game.:grinning:

Gentlemen,

despite some calls, let's leave desert rest in peace for a time-being

and turn our attention, say, to Flanders. It can be not only active and violent

but appropriately tranquil for a week-end as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Very nice, and what I assume to be a WW2 Italian is a great pose, The WW1 Germans look goods too, now the chap on the horse with the big wig, John Wayne when holding something other than the reins in both hands, holds the reins in his teeth, ie True Grit, now not being a horsey type myself is this possible without the horse galloping off in some random direction, effecting your aim and balance ??:innocent:

Alan,
Riding while gripping the reins in your teeth "John Wayne" style, isn't something I (or a dentist!) would advise!!
One sharp pull from the horses head and its going to rip the teeth out of you!!
Or.....if you somehow still have your teeth, its going to give you a really bad neck injury....and having nearly pulled your head off, would probably have unbalanced you enough to fall off!!!
So no its not something I would advise........especially during a charge or combat situation!!!

This fellow I would imagine would be holding the reins in his pistol hand. Such a smaller item would still allow some grip plus allow the rider to still maintain some control.

Cavalry horses then, and now, were trained to respond to "leg aids" - touches of the knees and feet, with which the rider could guide the horse when his hands were otherwise in use, (I am guessing that John Wayne, who was an excellent horseman, probably knew this, he was just showing off).

Thats correct Steve. You use your legs & feet to give instructions to the horse. Most steering is done via the legs. Obviously getting a horse to move through the paces is done with the feet....hence spurs.
The reins would be to apply the brakes so to speak, although in normal riding, slowing & stopping is also done through the rider using their weight in the saddle, only gently pulling on the reins. Such dainty movements probably wouldn't be helpful in a headlong charge or with a jittery horse on a battlefield though!! A bit more robust action may of been needed!

Mr Wayne using his teeth was just pure Hollywood!! Definitely not a recommended action in any riding school!! Horses have a lot of strength in their necks!!! Then there is the weight of their skulls! Even just holding the reins, a horse can give an unsuspecting rider a jolt forwards!!

If that one is an Italian, I fear my wallet will be suffering a lot during the next months. Also love those Germans WW1 and I hope Strelets will also consider to produce a nice set of German infantry in late war steel helmets.

Cheers,

Ale

Strelets
Gentlemen,

and turn our attention, say, to Flanders. It can be not only active and violent

but appropriately tranquil for a week-end as well.

Best regards,

Strelets
If I was the sergeant of the first figure I would slap him stupid, as he has his hand over the muzzle of his rifle.

That is a HUGE No-no. Even unloaded, even with dummy muskets, you don't do it! because if you get into the habit you might do it with a loaded one. (in the British Army an injury like that is a court-matial offence.)

The French cavalry/cuirassier standard bearer is many things...dashing, heroic, superb, well-proportioned etc etc....I like it:grin: !!

The German WW1 infantry at rest/making merry look very good, and I can already see myself buying a set or two of these simply as a 'one off' and maybe to create a small diorama, complete with cooking bratwurst aromas!!:hotdog: :fork_and_knife:

The Italian infantryman...well, he looks a little weary and I'm not entirely sure about the pose...? The sculpting is nice though.

Have a good weekend:relaxed:

I see our Italian looking down at a fresh grave of a recently fallen comrade, at such times Officers and NCO`s are human too.

Nice figures, especially the WW1 germans at rest. Hope we will receive in this set more soldiers and eventually only one field-kitchen. The posture of the WSS-officer is also very nice, but please without or a reduced flag. Cutting are causing often repairs.

I would like to ask again what will been with the long ago announced WW1 Gallipoli troops. I know that they didn´t fought in a dessert, but in a very dry region. Eventually this remark will help to see a progress.

Thats what I thought. He looks like he is looking down on someone's grave.
I'm sure he could equally be used stood talking to someone sat down..maybe a radio operator?

I don’t know who it was that defined a gentleman as someone who knows how to play an accordion,but refrains.😇😀

Strelets
Gentlemen,

Strelets message before the picture hints that the Italian chap is indeed at a funeral service. If he was a British soldier he might in that case have his rifle reversed and thus avoid the outrage of his sergeant and Steve. But he should be aware that accidently shooting himself in the foot is probably also a court martial offence.

The WWI Germans look good, and another member for the 1/72 plastic folk club.:relaxed:

Merry Christmas 2005

All we need now are some Jocks and a few Tommy's....

:smile: