Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Box Art for French Dragoons on the March

Oh yeah definitely sounds like the thermals need come out Donald!! 😂

I have great sympathy for those in the US & Canada who recently had their far more extreme & deadly heatwave. As someone who suffers from bad asthma, its bad enough when the temp hits 30c, never mind 49+c!!!!

As for the painting, i'm taking a break until the temps drop at least a bit. Its just drying too quick, even thinning it hasnt worked. So will instead do a stock take of what paint I am low on, brush sizes that need replacments & maybe do some conversions ready.

Lovely art work. I'm a big fan of this new style for the WSS range. A nice box makes them much more collectable as well. Look forward to this release at some point, perhaps at Christmas?

Summer lovin'

A bit more seriously, Roger, whilst I don't stop painting in what passes for winter here, Summer has its issues.

The average summer temperature is 31-33. It does get to 40-45 on occasion. Houses are generally a/c'd, of course but this tends to dry paint rapidly- it sucks the moisture out of the air which effects the paint.

I paint fairly regularly but I'd agree a pause now & then isn't a bad idea. I often set up armies & just admire them for a few days. This obviously happens more often in mid-summer.

cheers, donald

Roger W
Oh yeah definitely sounds like the thermals need come out Donald!! 😂

I have great sympathy for those in the US & Canada who recently had their far more extreme & deadly heatwave. As someone who suffers from bad asthma, its bad enough when the temp hits 30c, never mind 49+c!!!!

As for the painting, i'm taking a break until the temps drop at least a bit. Its just drying too quick, even thinning it hasnt worked. So will instead do a stock take of what paint I am low on, brush sizes that need replacments & maybe do some conversions ready.
I was out in Texas last February to April. When I arrived it was 20C and I thought I had erred in packing ‘warm kit’. Two weeks later it was -25C and I worried I hadn’t packed enough!

Crazy weather the world is getting these days isn't it?!
Guess its all down to climate change.

One thing I have thought....they often say a certain amount of rain, heat, snow etc, is the most since records began (so thats Victorian era I believe) whenever an extreme weather event happens, and thus they generally link it to climate change etc.

Thing is, how do they know that someone didnt have more rain, heat or snow in the 1700s or earlier then??!!

Henry VIII might of been sweating his head off in temperatures of 35c one summer for all they know in that case!!

Good morning,
Indeed these illustrations are really triggering me to add additional boxes in the cart.
Really beautiful.
Kind regards.
CPN