Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: strelets Indian infantry

Jim dunning
Can these be used in C.B.I. theater of war?
Thanks in advance
Jim
C.B.I ?? I assume you mean Colonial British India Jim?? Or something/somewhere else?

They are perfect for China, Burma , India , CBI is an Americanism we Brits are not used to. They are spot on for the Indo china conflict after independence as well.

If I remember right old Joseph Stillwell was the one that coined and sponsored the C.B.I. term, thus the minor confusion. Quite an interesting character Stillwell, albeit one historians are decidedly mixed on in our current times.

Having lived in the USA, UK, and Germany so far, it never ceases to amaze me how divergent the overall teaching and terminologies for WWII concepts are in each country.

The overall campaign , all things Asia/Pacific is known as the Far East as far as WW2 campaigns go, the land campaign is simply Burma ,although in 44 some major battles were fought and won on Indian soil . All things China in that area were about a road and supply, rather than about a fighting campaign ,although it could be argued that the whole campaign was about supply to the Chinese and Japanese efforts to cut the supply ( 1942 -45 ).