Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Artillery (WoSS)

I really like that cannon sprue. I'm happy to see a choice of gun barrels supplied. Its great when you can choose what calibre of gun to use in an artillery set, rather than be stuck with just one option.

The WSS is a range that Strelets are doing very well indeed. 👍

Very nice indeed. So much so that I'm more tempted to buy one than before. Guess Christmas presents will arrive early this year :santa: :relaxed: .
But where are the sprues and boxes for the Royal Musketeers and the Garde du Corps? Did something go wrong with the mould? I remember that some people complained about issues with the horses for the Chevaulegers. I hope everything is ok and we'll see these two sets soon.

Agreed. I am looking forward to painting the 'blue' units of the Maison du Roi cavalry, the Gardes du Corps in particular.

Perhaps a hold-up in producing suitably fine artwork for the box covers? If it is similar to the very good painting produced for the Horse Grenadiers set then this should be worth seeing.

I imagine it would be two sprues of gunners and two of guns, with a pair of each calibre per box.

I would imagine that at this early period, artillery crews for various nations would be fairly interchangeable? So the various crews (if not artillery pieces) would be usable for any nation. Or will some knowledgeable and erudite person (of which there are many on this site)correct my assumptions?

These do look very nice, looking forward to getting hold of them. It would be great if there were two sprues of each in the box (4 guns plus crew), but looking back at a couple of old artillery sets there seems to be some variance. Boer War Pom Pom guns have 4 plus crew, British artillery have 3, Boers have two guns.

Very good question. As to uniforms, yes they would be very similar from nation to nation but for the color. Same as with most infantry uniforms. Details however will be tricky to ascertain (same as with many infantry uniforms viz. the shade of yellow of the coats worn by the Danish guards or their lace decoration). Artillery train drivers would mostly be hired civilians. French gun barrels used to be highly decorated. As to the guns carriages or their color, no idea, guess we'll have to check some contemporary paintings.