Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newly Born

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Newly Born

I assume these are French Dragoons in skirmish ? the kneeling firing pose, has it changed ? , as usual looking very good.

A revelation in green plastic. Wonderful!

Dismounted dragoons will be a big seller I predict, and are such an important component of a French early/mid 18th century army. Dare we hope that these will find their way into a box, then into a shipping container and then into the hands of retailers this summer? Like...soon!!??

We live in hope:grinning:

Hope so too and also that they'll be accompanied by those Musketeers of the Guard and the Garde du Corps ...:slightly_smiling_face:

Re Minuteman's hope of these finding their way into a container, don't hold your breath. I read an article yesterday which said that container prices have increased from £2500 (British pounds) to £16000 each in recent months. Nothing to do with Brexit everything to do with Covid (increasing demand for Internet purchases instead of shop purchases) and the Suez canal blockage. Goods will arrive eventually, but will be late and more expensive.

I've heard the same thing too Michael. 😕

Not enough containers to go around, ports backlogged & the ongoing pandemic still affecting movement of goods.

I dont know if its those hats combined with the green colour, but I suddenly pictured Santa's elves...albeit a rather militant version!! 😁

Joking aside, they look like they have come through the process nicely, can make out all the detail. So good job 👍.

One thing I would like to ask...is there any way of making the sprues that connect to the figures themselves, slightly thinner? Would make it much easier to trim the figures off as can be quite an effort sometimes.....even with a sharp x-acto knife, dependant on the plastic hardness.
Not a major issue really, but its a suggestion perhaps that may be helpful for any kids in the hobby.
(I remember what my mum was like when I needed to use a stanley knife for models!!!).

Very good sprue, Strelets...I' ve bet that the French foot dragoons was made in sand colour... I loose...

Wow! Just look at how the detail has come through on those figures. Superb.

I really like the use of the 'wheel sprue' too. A general move to these would be grand, I reckon. Roger, it seems to reduce the amount of surplus plastic esp. attached to the figure. Probably still could be made thinner though. Less area to remove and less plastic to try to think of a use for. I have boxes of the things 'cause I can't bear to simply chuck 'em out. Perhaps as recycling moves along they will be able to be included...?

Regards, James

Thanks for using the wheel sprue, and fantastic color choice! I may be sending a few sets of these to be stationed in 18th c. Canada. Have a great week.

Can anyone enlighten me whether I am barking up a completely wrong tree, but (no doubt with minor changes) could these do for grenadiers of various nations in the 1680-90s?

Thinking of illustrations I have seen of grenadiers at Sedgemoor in 1685.