Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Russin hussars

As for the (modified) reuse of previous poses, I suppose the answer is simple: Strelets has done this before (viz. Arab horses) as have other companies like HaT and Redbox. And I think the reason is purely economic. You reduce production costs and can produce more sets. It's not ideal, sure, but I guess it's not a market that yields huge profits. And of course you can argue that if a producer takes this path he should take special care that a product that is intended to appear in multiple sets is absolutely first rate. Perhaps being from the "make do" generation is letting me see things in a somewhat milder light if the results do not always entirely match my expectations.

Excellent figures! The first two things of popped in my mind was a guard unit for a headquarters or out on the flank concealed in the woods doing piquet Duty. I think I'll get several boxes just for those purposes.

I hope nothing I said was taken as an "attack" I am not unaware of the flaws in some of the sets; just trying to give another way of approaching it in what I hoped was a civilized manner. As I said, there are some sets and even some companies I avoid because they just don't "cut it." It's up to each of us to figure where that line is drawn.

I believe constructive criticism is vital and should be not only accepted but sought. Again, where the line between constructive criticism and "trolling" is up to the beholder. Just as is the line between loyal support and being a blind sycophant. May we all tread the narrow line between the two.

For my part, I have aimed nothing at you personally Wayne. Please dont feel that I have.
Just as I hope nothing has been aimed at me? In fact I think I actually said your previous post was a good one?
I agree wholeheartedly, that there is a fine line and I hope I do not come across as a "troll". I most certainly have no wish to be such.

I have made my feelings known on certain things, made observations which I feel are important and have tried to convey them in a passionate but respectful manner. Looking at the situation from the perspective of not just a consumer, but from a business point of view too. I have not descended into name calling, personal attacks or vicious vitriol. I have at times even tried to add a little humour.

When I say there are those who shout down even the slightest little criticism of a set, i am thinking of no single person in particular. Rather a recollection of various comments ive read here and there.
Thing is, sadly sometimes you have to press home your view, just to be heard, just to enact some action being taken. Trying to speak out in a meek fashion, just runs the risk of not being heard at all.

As I have said in my earlier post, from here on in, i am no longer going to post any more feedback..good or bad...on new previews of masters/sets. That way i can neither be a blind loyalist nor the devil incarnate!!!
Instead I will let my wallet do the talking.
If sets are made which clearly have issues but nothing is said or done about them.....oh well.

I will finish just by saying, it is not always easy to try to convey our thoughts, feelings or moods in the context of written text/social media etc, compared to being in front of people and speaking directly with them.

No slight intended to anyone personally, Roger. As I said, I personally agree with some of the constructive criticisms of the sets in question. For me it's not a deal breaker. I agree, this isn't the best means of communication; however when I think of the friends and acquaintances I've made across the globe I might not even have ever heard of had it not been for the net it's a trade off I'm willing to make.

👍👍👍
I would add to that the help and useful tips we all give & also recieve. No to mention excellent pictures of work by others.

Definitely