Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cuirassiers in lobster pots...would trigger a buying spree, I fear.

When it comes to ideas for sets, they do indeed listen. 👍

Graham Evans
I am claiming credit for these as the first person to ask for them on the forum.

Thank you Strelets. You listen to us. You are awesome.
LOL Mr Evans.... Hardly, but nice of you to join the queue anyway!!

No, this is probably the most asked-for WoSS figure since Strelets launched their excellent range a couple of years ago. Many have asked for this and now it looks as if Strelets are about to deliver.

Dear Strelets,

How great to see another of these lovely masters. I am recalling two figures 'in attack', in hat and now lobster pot, and also some earlier ones you showed to us who were less active—so am beginning to wonder if there are two groups of Austrian/Imperial cuirassiers in your pipeline?

Graham, the re- quote from Strelets is all yours for sure, but these have been spoken (written) about all year (at least)! You are dead right though about a buying spree. I'm looking to the east, while more here will be focussed on the Rhine, Italy or Spain. I hope that the production run is large!

Regards, James

Wow, almost missed that one! Very nice indeed. Bavarian cuirassiers it will be for me and perhaps Imperial Austrian. This is going to be an expensive year!

Samogon
Apr 26, 2020 - 4:39AM
Quote ReplyRe: War of Spanish Succession Mounted sets
I could be wrong, but I think there look to be four sets of French household cavalry - Grade du Corps, Mousquetaires, Gendarmes d’Elite and Grenadiers a Cheval. There seem to be two sets of English cavalry, at the charge and in advance. I didn’t see anything resembling French line cavalry, but could be wrong of course. And I definitely didn’t see French dragoons, which would definitely be needed as well. Plus Imperial cuirassiers in their old-fashioned lobster pots, of course.

Email Apr 26th, 2020 - 4:39 AM

Much asked for and now Strelets look as if all those customer requests will be answered in spades...

Here's an example from over a year ago. Samogon gets a fair credit here, but may not have been the first to ask? Anyway, regardless of this, good to see these on the way.

My Bavarian Regiment Costa, 18 figures nearing completion, will however, be 'AN Other' company's Horses and riders with Tumbling Dice heads. If only Strelets had told us about these figures 6 months ago....

James Fisher
Dear Strelets,

How great to see another of these lovely masters. I am recalling two figures 'in attack', in hat and now lobster pot, and also some earlier ones you showed to us who were less active—so am beginning to wonder if there are two groups of Austrian/Imperial cuirassiers in your pipeline?

Graham, the re- quote from Strelets is all yours for sure, but these have been spoken (written) about all year (at least)! You are dead right though about a buying spree. I'm looking to the east, while more here will be focussed on the Rhine, Italy or Spain. I hope that the production run is large!

Regards, James
Please do not mix floppy hats and lobster pots in the same box. Please, no, no, no. I'll be throwing half away.

I'll give you my address to send them to! :grinning:

James Fisher
I'll give you my address to send them to! :grinning:
I'll swap you. Fair exchange is no robbery, as the saying goes.

Dear Graham,

Could do, 'cept I'll be using both (whether the likes of the one above and this one
http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1083654&cmd=show
are boxed separately or together) to mix and match between and within units, as it seemed that they likely did—and I'd do so for the look and variety of it anyway.

'Twas, of course, just a slightly tongue-in-cheek offer to save you adding to landfill. It seems a bit of a waste to have extracted the oil in the first place...!

Ciao for now,

James

Graham Evans
Jun 12, 2021 - 3:47PM
Quote ReplyRe: Those WSS Pikemen - Update
Ronald McAtee

If I do that I can't use them for WSS. Basically I'm tight fisted and want to get as much use as I can out of what I've got.

Agreed, we shouldn't be chucking good figures away. My dilemma is whether to buy any of the new Cuirassiers having expended time and effort producing some conversions using figures from other sources.....If I do buy, it means raising an Austrian contingent: cuirassiers, then infantry, then more cuirassiers, then hussars, then artillery.....:face_with_rolling_eyes:

Minuteman

Graham Evans
Ronald McAtee

If I do that I can't use them for WSS. Basically I'm tight fisted and want to get as much use as I can out of what I've got.

Agreed, we shouldn't be chucking good figures away. My dilemma is whether to buy any of the new Cuirassiers having expended time and effort producing some conversions using figures from other sources.....If I do buy, it means raising an Austrian contingent: cuirassiers, then infantry, then more cuirassiers, then hussars, then artillery.....:face_with_rolling_eyes:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Graham Evans
Minuteman

Graham Evans
Ronald McAtee

If I do that I can\'t use them for WSS. Basically I\'m tight fisted and want to get as much use as I can out of what I\'ve got.

Agreed, we shouldn\'t be chucking good figures away. My dilemma is whether to buy any of the new Cuirassiers having expended time and effort producing some conversions using figures from other sources.....If I do buy, it means raising an Austrian contingent: cuirassiers, then infantry, then more cuirassiers, then hussars, then artillery.....:face_with_rolling_eyes:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Not a bad thing, but I have well over 1,000 WoSS figures waiting to be painted already....

"I have well over 1,000 WoSS figures waiting to be painted already..."

Well, one more figure surely won't break a camel's horse's back:

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: "I have well over 1,000 WoSS figures waiting to be painted already..."

Strelets
Well, one more figure surely won't break a camel's horse's back:

Best regards,

Strelets
Well.....:face_with_rolling_eyes: OK, I could probably manage just a few more...:blush:

Re: "I have well over 1,000 WoSS figures waiting to be painted already..."

These are gonna be magnificent!

Wow !! I want so much this set...
Brava brava brava Strelets!!

Superb sculpts! Definitely going to buy a couple of boxes. Oh dear, this is going to be an expensive year ...