Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IJA in Defence

The IJA figures look great! It just seems a bit odd to me that some figures lack bases which makes them a little unstable.
The knee mortar figure reminds of the old Esci pose - they look very similar. I suppose everyone knows but I'll mention it anyway.
The "knee mortars" were never intended to be fired from knees and thighs as several allied soldiers found when they tried it!
However, they will nicely complement the IJA Heavy Weapons sets so even though life is getting very expensive right now I'll start budgeting for at least 4 boxes.
Now we'll be needing some opponents for them............
On the subject of Heavy Weapons no signs of Afrika Korps Heavy Weapons which is a great frustration as I'm now reworking my ancient AK.
Stay safe folks

Re: IJA in Defence

Awesome figures and I'm sure I'll have at least a company if not more. I do have to say for a set that's defending they're a little short on firing figures. They could use another pose or two of someone firing their rifle.

Africa Korps heavy weapons ,yes, more Jap firing poses yes. Seeing the French lads a set of 8th Army ,Africa Korp and Italians doing stuff in fox holes/trenches would be welcome too.

I really like them and am tempted to buy some, even though its not my era.
Baseless figures might be a pain but sometimes its a good thing so that they can be placed on your own basing in a natural manner. Some moulded on bases are just too big and thick.

Good to see a Japanese set where the officer is not waving a katana around.:wink:

Really liking it, and I'm especially glad that we get two of each LMG poses on every sprue. The "in attack" set did not have any LMGs, so now I can add some to that set too.

Also I find it amusing that almost every Japanese infantry set had an HMG (except for the previous Strelets infantry sets, Mars and Airfix), but NOONE included a loader figure. But at least I can make an all-plastic Japanese army, which is nice, and these new poses look excellent :)

Great job!

Zirrian, you seem to have forgotten the Atlantic set. For all its faults, it included a MG loader figure! :two:

The new Strelets has some great poses.

Pa
Zirrian, you seem to have forgotten the Atlantic set. For all its faults, it included a MG loader figure! :two:

The new Strelets has some great poses.
You are absolutely correct, Pa! In my defence I wasn't even aware of the set as Atlantic is a manufacturer I don't think I've seen a single figure from in real life :)