Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'masters' is correct!

Also interested in the hellenistic troops, but we will see how the pikes come out...

Donald I thought you and others may be interested in this article, it specifically deals with the close order pike formation:

Synaspismos

Up untill now the emphasis has largely been on formations using the under hand grip, though I do believe Connolly experimented with this overhand style...

:wink:

ironsides

Donald I thought you and others may be interested in this article, it specifically deals with the close order pike formation:

Synaspismos

Up untill now the emphasis has largely been on formations using the under hand grip, though I do believe Connolly experimented with this overhand style...

Rather thought provoking.

And it means several metal & plastic figures need a re-think.

Thanks.

donald

ironsides
Also interested in the hellenistic troops, but we will see how the pikes come out...

Synaspismos

Thank you for the link a great paper. The high guard position makes a lot of sense.

Re: More linear a masters

Yea, the various phalangists are of most interest to myself as well. Still not thrilled with the shield positioning on many of the more orthodox infantry, although the one swordsman on set #45 is most excellent. More of him please.

TheBabylonian109
Yea, the various phalangists are of most interest to myself as well. Still not thrilled with the shield positioning on many of the more orthodox infantry, although the one swordsman on set #45 is most excellent. More of him please.
As you know, I'm working on a Pyrrhic force but later Successor armies will be very tempting.

donald

Yes i've seen them and will buy all this new sets when possible, as with almost every Linear-A set.

They do look great. I'm assuming sarissa will be included, moulded as part of the figure on the sprue, and not there in the photos for sizing/fit purposes. I wish they would advance the Roman arty - those are the only mini-sets I would buy at the moment.